The Snips-Mobile

Quaralane

Decided to just play around on this one and go for a straight out of the box build.
This one is the Revell "Ahsoka Tano's Jedi Starfighter" from Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
When he built the Lego version, my son nicknamed this ship "The Snipsmobile"
It's prepainted, and snap together.
Went together really well, actually.
My only real complaint is the Ahsoka figure that comes with the kit.
Box Art
rev-delta-7b-snips-01.jpg

Obligatory sprue shots
rev-delta-7b-snips-02.jpg

The Ahsoka figure. I have NO IDEA who thought this was acceptable, but it's what comes with the kit
rev-delta-7b-snips-03.jpg

Pics of the assembled cockpit
rev-delta-7b-snips-04.jpg

rev-delta-7b-snips-05.jpg

Pics of the finished build.
I did do a little touch up painting on the R2 unit that came with it, but that was the only thing I did.
rev-delta-7b-snips-06.jpg

rev-delta-7b-snips-07.jpg

http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq45/quaralane/Star_Wars/Delta-7b-Snipsmobile/rev-delta-7b-snips-08,jpg
[img]http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq45/quaralane/Star_Wars/Delta-7b-Snipsmobile/rev-delta-7b-snips-09.jpg
rev-delta-7b-snips-10.jpg

Youtube linkage:
The Snips-mobile

Quaralane said:
My only real complaint is the Ahsoka figure that comes with the kit.

The Ahsoka figure. I have NO IDEA who thought this was acceptable, but it's what comes with the kit

I'm pretty sure she was assigned that very same ship in the 'Battle of Ryloth' episode in the Cartoon Network series, Clone Wars.

I watch it Friday nights with my eight year old son and seem to recall this taking place. I could be off on the episode name but this ship looks correct from what I recall.

Oh, I have NO problems with the ship's colors.
Aside from the fuzziness on the lines, it looks really close.
It's the Ahsoka figure itself that's so disappointing. It's like they took their standard "jedi" pilot figure and cobbled her headpiece onto it

Oh now I understand, :-[ I thought you didn't think she had a Jedi starfighter of her own.

But yeah, I can remember my experiences with AMT/ERLT X-Wings and Tie fighters, figures were horrible and almost identical, I had to alter them a bit to make them look closer to their perspective 'sides' (empire/rebellion)

I think you're mean with the figure, it looks ok, for a male pilot with a bra over his head and a big chunk of clay as coat ;)

@Grendels,
It's definitely paint. Base plastic's the kind of off-grey color shown in the pics.

@Exarkun77,
LOL

By the way, i just noticed on your front shot that this was the worst place you could put an R2 unit on the fighter.
Nothing to do with the model, i know, but... in front of the cockpit? That makes no sense.

I think they did that in order to be able to use a removable R2 in the Deltas.
The version in Ep2 had a built in R-unit

You have a point, but on the kit, i doubt the pilot sees anything in front of him, except a big dome ;)

Latest posts

Back