The Remora

JohnSimmons

For Spud: I was once Merseajohn
Hey guys, this is what I'm entering in for the comp, Industria Mechanikas 1/35 Remora. It's basically a flying space fishing boat.......perfect for Sci Fi then! I haven't started yet as I'm a bit under the weather but by the end of the week all parts should be washed and cleaned ready for primer!
82A46FEF-5704-433B-97AA-4FD1BD1ADCA5_zpsuohnjv0b.jpg

Thanks guys, I'll hopefully be able to get to the bench soon and start slapping this thing together ;) Just not sure of what colour to go for? The main fishing boat where I come from is Black and Red with white writing. It looks the part but is very well looked after, I want this to be a cobbled together rusty thing blowing black smoke 8) I may do a red/blue/white/ light green/turquoise etc scheme lol

Thanks man. I took a drive down the front this morning before work for a little inspiration:
B0976914-0538-4B98-95DF-1E52B051BF82_zpsfjupiem0.jpg
94095A71-22AF-4876-87E8-074EF3F3F808_zpsumyxw1z2.jpg
98066C92-5537-485E-A25A-5F7CE721F756_zpsestnhxn3.jpg
CC2C2C06-7EE2-4D7F-AA6A-32E38572B65F_zpsf845c5k4.jpg

Well, I wont lie.

I'm secretly hoping you'll save a lot of pics off line and let us feature this in the mag dude.

Might even be a little leverage to get Michael to advertise as well? :)

Oh and hey, those are some nice pics man.

Nice research. For some reason the red white blue one makes sense....as long as it's TOTALLY scraped up and chipped.

Thanks for the interest guys, let's hope it's good enough Ken ;)
It's funny I see these boats nearly every day and it takes a flying space fishing boat to make me actually want to replicate them ::)

This is hands down my favourite kit. It was such fun to put together. I want to build a second one and a few more of the Waldo kit Michael & Ian made. Looking forward to your version.

Hey John, that turquoise colour is such a classic for fishing boats in my area. The red, white and blue in the first photos reminds me of an American flag. But I suppose you'd definitely want a few different colours on there. The dark or rusty red of the third photo is also a classic for the bottom of all kinds of different ships. I'd just pick a bunch of colours you dig. Can't go wrong that way.

The fishing boats in my part of the world tend to be all over the place.

Latest posts

Back