The Remora

Thanks Unttld, I wanted the Waldo first actually but it was out of stock so I chose this.
Thanks for that pic Matt, yeah I do like that turquoise colour, it'll definitely be in the mix somewhere lol

JohnSimmons said:
Thanks Unttld, I wanted the Waldo first actually but it was out of stock so I chose this.
Thanks for that pic Matt, yeah I do like that turquoise colour, it'll definitely be in the mix somewhere lol

He's got a bunch of Waldo's in stock now (as well as the sky buoys, birds, and deck hands). ;)

Yeah I've got the Deck Hands and I'm tossing the idea around of getting the Gulls but I may try and sculpt my own....

Nice 1 John you were talking about this at the weekend glad you are getting started on it this will be another stunner :D

Dan B

Lol yeah I like that one John, touch up paint all over it lol. And thanks Dan mate I hope so! ;)
Anyway I've made a start...well not really a start but progress has been made. All parts have been washed in soapy water to remove the mold agent, all though being cast by JPG Productions I shouldn't worry to much about grease being left on it. Sorry about the bad iPhone pics but as I actually haven't started cuttin & gluin yet I'm sure you'll forgive me:
Parts washed and drying
A0F94D05-7453-4EAF-9E92-0166B0623ECF_zpsj1j4fzb4.jpg
Found the first warped part:
F54A6992-80B6-42F3-8DCA-2D26D12B3BFF_zpstpfwhivc.jpg
But nothing a bit of hot water, clamps and plenty of glue won't cure:
5768D02B-CD4E-4547-8BC4-BCC74AD92DF9_zpscwazclq1.jpg
I'm a little concerned about the thickness of some parts, literally hold them against the light and you can almost see through them lol, I'm hoping with a good bit of paint coverage these won't be a problem. This is the center board:
F1AE881A-E965-4CC6-A634-2880A136837F_zpsdijunevl.jpg
55CDE810-26EB-4174-9A51-610058792184_zpskvxghrzj.jpg
But look at how lush those engines are! Drooool.....
AF1D4F2F-73F2-4C2F-9AF1-FC7C29068134_zps0f5xjgkf.jpg
Also included is a load of PE and rigging, as well as a lovely big Decal Sheet full of cool markings and fonts etc. can't wait to start slapping this kit together!

I'll say it again john, awesome!

I'm so jealous and I don't think I'm the only one on the forum!

The patchy paint sounds like a good way to go, keep it coming

Oh, man! What a beautiful kit! Do you have figures for it already? I seem to remember the maker of The Remora putting these out, too.

That flat rudders and panels were super bent on mine. The ones on the bottom straightened out really easily but one of the ones on the side was a real bugger to get straight. I almost had to boil it.

Nice start to this kit, I have been curious about this one for some time and now get a good close look!

Gorgeous kit! Cant wait to see this come together. Will be epic for sure!

Grendels said:
Nice start to this kit, I have been curious about this one for some time and now get a good close look!

You should grab a copy. Looks like the new moulds turned out super nice. Actually, everyone here should grab one and we can do a summer group build of this one. :)

That looks like an incredible kit,,luv'n the research. Like the idea of a hodgepodge of parts held together with bailing wire and duct tape...Looken awsome so far... :) :)

Cheers guys, actually started cleaning up the parts tonight ;) Jimi did a good job on the casting actually it's been fun so far! Unttld do you have a link to your build? It always helps knowing the pit falls ;)

Summer GB for flying fishing boats im in :) keep going John its looking awesome buddy

Dan B

JohnSimmons said:
Cheers guys, actually started cleaning up the parts tonight ;) Jimi did a good job on the casting actually it's been fun so far! Unttld do you have a link to your build? It always helps knowing the pit falls ;)

I'm not done mine (mostly I just have to do the rigging and hang it, I've just been extraordinarily lazy). But, you can check it out here, I used the original Ian McQue art as a start for my colour scheme. Perhaps I'll just get 'er done during BSC2014 as well. Could be the good swift kick in the pants I need. :)

Very wicked cool John. 8)

The flying lunch truck fishing boat was actually one of my favourite vehicles from the movie Fifth Element. This kit totally reminds me of that movie.

Jason

danb said:
Summer GB for flying fishing boats im in :) keep going John its looking awesome buddy

Dan B

Lol good idea Dan!
unttld said:
JohnSimmons said:

I'm not done mine (mostly I just have to do the rigging and hang it, I've just been extraordinarily lazy). But, you can check it out here, I used the original Ian McQue art as a start for my colour scheme. Perhaps I'll just get 'er done during BSC2014 as well. Could be the good swift kick in the pants I need. :)

Thanks mate! Great build you have there ;)
JMac said:
Very wicked cool John. 8)

The flying lunch truck fishing boat was actually one of my favourite vehicles from the movie Fifth Element. This kit totally reminds me of that movie.

Jason

Thanks Jason I need to check that out, haven't seen that film in ages.

Damn I thought there was going to be pics... ;)

I love this thing, kinda reminds me of the Vanship I built last year.

BTW what exactly do you catch on a space fishing boat ? ;D

Latest posts

Back