The Panther Family - In Combat pix

panzerace007

Hey Guys,

I thought I would start a tread on The German Panther. I'll post some pix & Feel free to do th same from the Panther Family - The Panther , Berge-panther, & Jag-Panther. I would like to use this thread to discuss the Panther, Units, & Engagements. Think of this as th Panther Family Library !!!

I would also see this spawn other threads on th Tiger, Pz. IV & allied Tanks as well !!

So, here We go .....

panther_d_1.jpg

er12.jpg

JaviTankes-01.jpg

k9avk1.jpg

VH133.jpg

R01ofPzRgt11PD.jpg

Untitled-3-3.jpg

Untitled-1-5.jpg

Untitled-2-3.jpg

linkedimage-3.jpg

I06ofIPzRgt1.jpg

I02crop.jpg

201of19pdviaebay.jpg

006.jpg

018.jpg

PantHouf.jpg

linkedimage-1.jpg

bundesarchivbild101i244.jpg

1269710292.jpg

german_panther_tank-1.jpg
_c__knocked_out_panther_french_vill.jpg

pzkpfw_v_08.jpg

p.jpg

0100_panther.jpg

post-4-1136613168.jpg

post-4-1136613711.jpg

1979_12_48.jpg

1362_04_187.jpg

panther_1.jpg

p1.jpg

winterp.jpg

panth3.jpg

bundesarchivbild101i244.jpg

post-4-1136750850.jpg

winterp-1.jpg

Wow, totally cool photos!

This one would make for a cool build!among others...

PantHouf.jpg

Thanx Bro !! If you look at this one ... you can see that it's been sitting for a while . Look at th Snow build-up on the top of th trax !!

Although with th price of Kits these days, If I were to do this I would opt. for an Older tamiya kit to do this with. I just couldn't see spending upwards of $50 (USD) to do a wrecked Panther .... but that's just Me !

Nice pics.... :D
Having subjects in awkward position are sometime hard to pull off convincingly and look right.

Scott Girvan said:
Wow, totally cool photos!

This one would make for a cool build!among others...

PantHouf.jpg

Indeed, it would. But what on earth happened? Did it slip on a patch of ice...? ;D

f2k,

With out trying to track down the Unit & location ... I'm gonna say perhaps it got Bombed. Or a bomb fell very close to it & flipped it over. It could've also been close to a road & maybe blocking it & simply got flipped over out of th way to free th road. The Bomb seems more plausible , as I've also seen th Big King Tigers flipped due to a Bomd. There is a Famous picture of Dwight D Eisenhower touring the battle field of the Ardennes or eithe Falaise Pocket & he's standing next to th Flipped KT. I'll look for th picture ...

panzerace007 said:
f2k,

With out trying to track down the Unit & location ... I'm gonna say perhaps it got Bombed. Or a bomb fell very close to it & flipped it over. It could've also been close to a road & maybe blocking it & simply got flipped over out of th way to free th road. The Bomb seems more plausible , as I've also seen th Big King Tigers flipped due to a Bomd. There is a Famous picture of Dwight D Eisenhower touring the battle field of the Ardennes or eithe Falaise Pocket & he's standing next to th Flipped KT. I'll look for th picture ...

A bomb flipping a King Tiger? Man, if I was anywhere near that explosion I'd need a fresh pair of underware for sure...

Hmmm... On second thought... If I was near an explosion capeable of flipping a 70 ton vehicle I would probably need an undertaker...

Good afternoon (at least here), guys,

if you allow me, let´s add a "classsic", a dramatic real combat footage involving a Panther in 1.945:

The Cologne Panther

I remember I saw this footage first time back in 1.973 or 1.974, I was watching TV (a documentary, I suppose) with one of my grandfather (historic note: curiously, this grandfather saw action in the Spanish Civil War along the Nationalist side -my other grandfather fought really hard in the Republican side-, and he told me very explicit that saw a battery of German-served 88mm AA guns in its first actions employed against armor!!! I have a very "bad" photo of him with some mates with a captured soviet-leased T-26, I think, but I´m not able of finding it :mad: :mad: )

Cheers

JELLY,

This is what it's all about !! Post any thing Panther related !! Let's get this Joint Hoppin' !! I love this footage. It's one of those Iconic pieces in History. Very interesting story about Su Abuelos !!

Thanx for sharing ! Any Panther pix that you don't already see feel free to post !! Let's Track th Panther Family through history !!

CHEERS & Thanx for Sharing !!

Epic, making me almost want to build one. when i do ill be in here looks at what one i could pull off.

thanks for sharing.

Here's a color profile of a Panther. The caption says it was with the Grossdeutschland Division.

PanzerGrenaderDivisionGrossdeutchland.jpg

Quite interesting camo. Is the red colour the underlying primer showing through or...?

Latest posts

Back