The Jacky C

liquorboxracing

I have been wanting to build a replica of this plane for awhile now. She's one of my favorite Air Show planes.

P40%20Jackie%20C.jpg

I started with Academy's 1/72 P-40M/N kit. I am building this one as an M as that is what the Jacky C is. Again this will pretty much be an out of box build with a few embellishments, like Quickboost exhaust, and hypodermic tubing, and some PE gun sights. I detail painted the interior and addded masking tape seat belts to finish off the cockpit details. ( what little there are. :) ) I fitted the M style upper portion to the fusalage halves and lined up and filled all the gaps. I glued the cockpit in place, and have begun getting the wing sections ready to glue together and fit.

ModelPics008.jpg

modelpics001.jpg

modelpics002.jpg

modelpics003.jpg

I got a little progress done on the Jacky C this weekend. I bought a Quickboost exhaust for this build, and the exhaust would not fit the opining. So I marked how much needed to be removed from the back radious of the exhaust slots in the fuselage, then ground out the opening using my Foredom rotory tool. I cleaned up the opening with file and some sand paper.
The rear rudder on this kit is molded to the rear vertical stabilizer. There are two small areas on the bottom of the rudder that are open on the actual plane. I marked the areas with black marker and proceeded to open them up. The larger one I started the opening with my Foredom, and finished with an hobby knife, file and sand paper. The smaller one I drilled it opened then finished it off with hobby knife and file as well. Also managed to get the wing halves glued together. I need to make the guns from hypodermic tubing next and fit them. Here are some progress pics.

modelpics005.jpg

modelpics006-1.jpg

modelpics022.jpg

modelpics020.jpg
Here are the two areas in the rudder that need opened. I marked them with a black marker to make them easier to see while cutting them opened.

modelpics025.jpg
Here's the exhaust slots after cleanup with a file and sandpaper. The Quickboost exhaust should fit now. I am going to add the vertical deviding slats to the exhaust ports next. I'll cut those from styrene.

modelpics023.jpg

Latest posts

Back