The great experiment nx-2000

nine_d

Nx-2000 my friends the great experiment.
The excelsior yep that's my next build and my frist light job
It's the old EMT kit from 1994 I just hope I can pull it off

[attachment deleted by admin]

awesome! I am getting ready to build one of theses (the enterprise B though) for my father in law. Check out Steve Neills build videos for inspiration. Oh an the painting clinic as well, both on youtube ;D

Yes the vid was great saw that befor my build that's why I picked this one
Oh so far it's just been test fitting it all lights are in looks good so far more pics coimg soon

ok now I just saw I posted my pics wrong oh well here is how I got the nacelles with lights had to do some modding and lost of putty work but looks sweet and the blue in the clear parts was with future and food coloring
trick now it time for more sanding and putty fill the gaps test fit before shes glued all shut

Future with blue food coloring did a good job on those warp nacelles. And the lighting looks good!

Thank you looks better in the pic working on the hull now sanding ugh more updates tonight I hope

Man. doncha just love the Excelsior! You're off to a good start, I may have to toss mine on the bench in the new year!

Ah yes! Love the Excelsior. I built mine several years ago before I was adding lights. Then I did a rework of it some years later with DLM window and paneling decals and resin parts. Still no lights but she looks a lot better now.
One thing you may want to do if you haven't already attached the saucer to the dorsal and the warp engine pylon housing to the top of the secondary hull is to reinforce those joints with styrene sheet and tubing. Those joints undergo a lot of stress so if you can reinforce them you may avoid breakage later on.

thank you guys well the pylons had to be mod to get the wire in them had to you putty to reinforce the side should hold up thank for the tip though I seen some bad one on the web so I hope I did good. well with it been xmas time and all im loosing my time after work to set at the bench but did score something cool at the good ol 99 sent store tons of LEDS and a new kit mite be something ill work on in between pant drying and stuff

The Excelsior. Just a beautiful design. Loving seeing you put this together. Keep up the great work!

ok its been too long on this but lights look good now time for some love and tid bits and off the desk

Latest posts

Back