The cold war, the multitude BUILDS and eventually building a T62

;D Saved by another modeler! Michael Rinaldi posted his reference files for a T62 and it came up in a google search. These photos answered a LOT of questions I have been asking for months due to inadequate references and piss poor directions on the Verlinden kit. ( I did find a pdf, they don't help that much) Michael Rinaldi's image files and Reference files I've also ordered a couple of references so this build just might be getting back on track.

I worked at it a little over the weekend and made a couple of errors, First, when I was folding up the photo etched boxes and fenders, half of them I suspect are folded up inside out. I noticed from the references that a lot of the patterns are on the reverse, at first I thought that is was just a screw up when they were etched as photos reverse images. Thinking about it a little more the impressions that are reversed should have been embossed, that is I should have gotten a blunted nail and held the brass to a old pink brick eraser and embossed the raised details out. At least I caught this before I started to solder!

Again, there is no mention of this in the instruction sheet, nor does it say were the braces should be located, so I am going to rely on references. Speaking of lack of instructions, I started on the turret interior.

I also "machined" out the slot between the road wheels and the holes in the spokes on the "burnt road wheels" still not sure I am going to use them or not.

Modeling lesson #13, A moment of inattention the soldering iron will burn the flesh from the top of your thumb before you can say :'( :eek: :-X

I sort of remembered what I was doing towards the end though, Initially I was using to much solder because I was trying to balance a spool of solder, iron, tweezers and two kit parts, it did not go well for awhile, that and the large iron heats thing up quickly enough to melt off what I already accomplished until I started using "heat sinks" to protect them. One good thing about the etched fenders is when you drop the model "accidentally*" the fenders bend in a prototypical manner.

*When I burning myself on the soldering iron I naturally jerked my hand back which hit the model which hit the floor along with some other table top litter.

Attack of the cruddy camera:

Arrived today was the etched barrel for the Bradley

Re: The cold war, T62, NEW CAMERA TEST, maybe photos that don't suck

And the Bradley.

Latest posts

Back