The Battlestar Galactica Moebius should have made!

Last 2

Attachments

• 20230319_231901.jpg
    20230319_231901.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230319_230935.jpg
    20230319_230935.jpg
    556.7 KB · Views: 5
Watched at 2x speed pausing for those shots.

Cheater. How... HOW do you expect to get the full effects of the cheese at 2X speed. You can only get the full 2X speed cheese from Space:1999. Of course, you can get it from Space:1999 at any speed.

Ok Down Time...

I oughta be able to do something with this...

jimkey2a.jpg

This, I can see.

Rob.

You're a better picture scrounger than I....

Don't sell yourself short, you've just started tryin'. You'll get better and before long you'll be kit spotting. Here in the realm of Sci-Fi, any and all information is of a hush-hush, super secret, F.Y.E.O., Keep this hidden type situation. Especially studio scale. Usually, you'll have to join yet another group within a group.

Build any other models and there are no armor, vehicle, ship, hell, even a tractor secrets. Step over into sci-fi, the fun generally gets sucked right out of modeling and you'll start owing! Something. To somebody.

No fear though! Stick with me and I'll have you wearin' rocks the size of DIAMONDS!

Rob.

I'd like to see a rendition on film of Harry Turtldove's World War and Colonization collections.

Well, it's goin' alright, I reckon. There's a little delay in the next update because I had to re-do several things. I also post this almost word for word on the RPF. There, there are a few folks that have been involved along the way. After I posted that last revision to the engine section to widen that gap between the upper and lower halves (top/bottom), one of the folks mentioned I may have been a little ambitious and widened it just a hair too much.

So, I done one of them graph/comparator/lines across dealy-o's:

gaps.jpg

What that showed was that that upper row of ROCO sheridan tank halves may have been recessed just a little too much. Maybe. Possibly. Everything else seemed to align fairly well, but now, that thing people have where they can't leave things alone that are out of place... like crooked socks in the drawer... or the quarters, nickels and dimes all mixed up on the counter... ? It's got a name? I can't remember it right now and THAT's gonna bother the hell outta me too, but anyway, I'm eat up with it and I just had to fix it. I have ALWAYS asked for critique/comments/criticism and feedback so that I can catch a correctable problem BEFORE it's too late and many of the guys both here AND the RPF know a whole bunch more about a model kit and the Galactica than I ever will, so when the man mentioned it, I value any input on such things, I verified it with those lines and...

The tear apart began. This tear-apart involved most of everything that I had originally done on that first "widen" job and has gotten fairly involved. I had to go slow because everything was fairly tacked into place and while I took everything apart, I had to make sure I didn't destroy anything since it would be out of the question to either buy another one of these kits at the prices they go for now OR start all over again.

Now, saying all this instead of just answering your question with just "fine" Down Time, the repairs have been made. I am in the process of cleaning up the mess, taking a few pictures and showing how it all ended up. I also went ahead and done a little work in the area I asked for help with the reference pictures earlier and that will show in the next pictures also.

Stay tuned! Same BAT time, Same BAT channel! (That ones for you Down Time... :p )

Rob.

Alright, I believe I got it a little closer. Tore the whole thing back apart and crossed my fangers. It took awhile, but the hold up has mainly been to finish the other side, which I hadn't done yet and to add the details where I asked for that reference help a few posts back.

Tell me what y'all think now and don't hold back?

DSCN0559.jpg
DSCN0560.jpgDSCN0561.jpgDSCN0562.jpgDSCN0564a.jpg
DSCN0565.jpgDSCN0566.jpgDSCN0567.jpgDSCN0568.jpg

And here's the same picture of the gaps with the old picture cut off and the new one sized and aligned until I had it as close as I could.

gaps1.jpg

Now, if y'all was paying attention, you'll notice I put different track links all over the place. These are a more accurate British Centurion track like the original. These came from that VESPID Centurion from China I picked up a few weeks ago. That kit at 1/76th is still way too big, so every tank link you see has been cut 4 different cuts and glued together. That's the best I can do. I have also made the entire engine section separate along the seam of the original model kit to prepare for being able to take it apart when it's finished, should that need arise.

Alright. Y'all let me have it!

Rob.

Considering I just watched the double episode "Living Legend", I got a double dose of Battlestars.
A lot of back end shots of Pegasus maneuvering leaves me with a fresh perspective, so to me it looks:

P-F-G

Considering I just watched the double episode "Living Legend", I got a double dose of Battlestars.
A lot of back end shots of Pegasus maneuvering leaves me with a fresh perspective, so to me it looks:

P-F-G

Thank you very much sir!

Rob.

Latest posts

Back