The Battlestar Galactica Moebius should have made!

Wow... That is amazing... Im jealous. I've taken to correct the new Battlestar... And man that thing has some stuff to correct. It's a constant battle between endless weeks of sanding or removing entire sections for reconstruction... It's so bad that mine is docked at the shipyards right now...

Anyway this project looks amazing, I'll certainly be following along.

Keep it up, and thank you for sharing.

Wow... That is amazing... Im jealous. I've taken to correct the new Battlestar... And man that thing has some stuff to correct. It's a constant battle between endless weeks of sanding or removing entire sections for reconstruction... It's so bad that mine is docked at the shipyards right now...

Anyway this project looks amazing, I'll certainly be following along.

Keep it up, and thank you for sharing.

Thank you sir! I certainly will keep updated here as I can. Don't be jealous! Jump on in!

Hey everybody! I've found a little time between clean-up I mentioned earlier, found where I had this stashed and fiddled with it some more. Picking up about where I left off, I was able to add this stuff.

DSCN0331.jpg

Now, of course, I had it all lined up and fairly straightened out, but bumped it JUST before I clicked "go" on the camera, so here's what y'all got. I still haven't stick any of this down, so no matter what I do, it always gets jostled before I get to show it to y'all and I apologize. I believe y'all can see what's been did though, so let me know what y'all think?

dscn0332-jpg.jpg

dscn0333-jpg.jpg

I still think she's lookin' better?

Rob.

I still think this needs work...

257a-jpg.jpg

Here, again, is what that looks like on the kit and I believe that can certainly be done somethin' with.

dscn0224-jpg.jpg

Rob.

Ok, I've started scraping on those areas and this is gonna be touch and go to say the least. "Y'all said y'all wanted to be around when I made a mistake, well this could be it sweetheart".

Ok. May have been worth the effort?

Here it is with one of the sides removed and the panel lines re-scribed.

dscn0335-jpg.jpg

dscn0336-jpg.jpg

Look sir, droids! Actually, mini 8rad.

dscn0338-jpg.jpg

Here they BOAT is. Still need some clean up, but didn't come out awful. Awful, as y'all have witnessed with me here, is a reasonable probability.

dscn0339-jpg.jpg

And, what it should closely resemble once I sticker it on. Not too bad on this one, glad I backed up.

dscn0340-jpg.jpg

I'm gone try and do-hickey it up a little more with some chips and things I see on the original, but that may look out of scale. We'll see.

Rob.

Well, it is what it is. I think it's an improvement.

Old ones completely off.

dscn0345-jpg.jpg

New ones on.

dscn0347-jpg.jpg

dscn0348-jpg.jpg

Just to check at this stage, you know, WAY too late to fix it, I decided to at the whatchamacallits... oh crap, I just lost edge10 again... added the appropriate pieces from the kit that go along the sides of these pieces and it's definitely an improvement?

dscn0349-jpg.jpg

dscn0350-jpg.jpg

I was a little afraid that the detailing chips of styrene would stand out too much at this scale, but they actually seem ok? Thinned down some .010 sheet just a smidge and it seems to be alright.

dscn0351-jpg.jpg

After putting those pieces along the sides to check, them babies is gonna need some help too huh?

Rob.

Decided to shave off these details from the side and see what can be done for improvements.

dscn0352-jpg.jpg

Be doin' a smidge in that area. I don't know if I can copy the original on this one, but something better maybe.

img_20200313_171620387a-jpg.jpg

Here's what I was able to do with what I mentioned earlier. Not the greatest, but it does improve it to me.

dscn0354-jpg.jpg

Added some pipes and such and that new piece is just a maze of chips and stuff. I did get the three pipes back on top where the two was and that came out ok.

dscn0356-jpg.jpg

Here's a different view to check the look.

dscn0357-jpg.jpg

Man I hope primer don't cover all this up and makes it show better.

Rob.

The earlier 8rad parts went well and look better to me. After working up that smaller detail in the last post and both those last two mods seeming to help, I decided to see what I could do with those lumps along the sides of the *rad parts from earlier.

This area, both sides.

IMG_20200313_170925952a.jpg

Also 8rad parts, so let's see what I can come up with...

Stay tuned!

Rob.

Hey again fella's, and any ladies that might be watching too, I've done what I think will be a nice "base" replacement for those 8Rads on the sides that I mentioned earlier as "next up".

dscn0358-jpg.jpg

dscn0359-jpg.jpg

dscn0360-jpg.jpg

dscn0361-jpg.jpg

Here's what it initially looks like on the model.

dscn0363-jpg.jpg

dscn0364-jpg.jpg

And here's the original piece right next to my new "base".

dscn0365-jpg.jpg

Folks, I gotta say, I think this one will work! Personally, I think that looks MUCH better. I call them "base" at this point because there's still a fair amount of noodles, pipes, greeblies, lines, tubes, hoses, thing-a-ma-bobs that'll go on these.

Y'all can't tell me that THIS one wasn't worth the time.

;)

Rob.

Rob... Dude... this is jawdropping. I'm at a loss at how you do it. It looks amazing.

All your posts deserve a reply, but your just too productive. I'm amazed when seeing that one photo where your finger is in frame. In the other images it's almost impossible to judge the scale, then seeing your finger, wow, I remember how small this thing really is.

Good work man.

Thank you for sharing

Rob... Dude... this is jawdropping. I'm at a loss at how you do it. It looks amazing.

All your posts deserve a reply, but your just too productive. I'm amazed when seeing that one photo where your finger is in frame. In the other images it's almost impossible to judge the scale, then seeing your finger, wow, I remember how small this thing really is.

Good work man.

Thank you for sharing

Mr. BLT... Thank you! Please, feel free to reply (which I'm positive you already were. ;)) to any post you would like to AND ask me any question, concern or critique what you want or just say whatever you would like in my thread. If any of these meager attempts on my part are "jawdropping" or "productive" in this thread, it's so we can just talk and try to learn from each other and mingle with other folks like us. To show it to y'all is a HUGE motivation in a thread on a forum, right? I enjoy the conversation as much or more than the modeling.

:)

Rob.

Alright y'all! This is what we call in the business, "We in business!" This one seems to have worked out alright and, in my opinion, which is biased at best, these came out MUCH better than the originals.DSCN0366.jpgDSCN0367.jpgDSCN0368.jpgDSCN0369.jpgDSCN0371.jpg

Better?

Rob.

Alright y'all! This is what we call in the business, "We in business!" This one seems to have worked out alright and, in my opinion, which is biased at best, these came out MUCH better than the originals.View attachment 89940View attachment 89941View attachment 89942View attachment 89943View attachment 89944

Better?

Rob.
100%

And at that scale... This thing looks like it's much bigger.

Only problem is that your scratch build stuff makes the kit details look somewhat soft. It'll be very interesting to see when you add some primer, if there are areas that stand out.

It looks absolutely amazing

HA! I'm dreading the primer myself! As I mentioned earlier, this may ALL be for nothing.

I didn't catch a mention of this before, but will you be lighting this? I've been slowly working on this kit for the past few years myself. I have the Paragrafix PE set, plus the replacement bridge and nose from Shapeways. I've broken a few drill bits already, drilling out where I think windows should be. Last May I came real close to completing a circuit for creating a chase light sequence for the landing bays, but it only works at 5V rather than 9V as it is supposed to.

I didn't catch a mention of this before, but will you be lighting this? I've been slowly working on this kit for the past few years myself. I have the Paragrafix PE set, plus the replacement bridge and nose from Shapeways. I've broken a few drill bits already, drilling out where I think windows should be. Last May I came real close to completing a circuit for creating a chase light sequence for the landing bays, but it only works at 5V rather than 9V as it is supposed to.

Yes sir, I do plan on lighting this. I'll certainly be watching whatever you do to light yours and will definitely be open to suggestions! I've got me some tiny fiber optics already though. I didn't pick up any of the aftermarket stuff myself. I have seen it. It does look mighty nice. Pictures of your build would be MOST welcome! If you've posted it already, just point me in the direction. "Last May I came real close..." LOL! That sounds like the situation I find myself in quite often. "Missed it by THAT much..."

;)

Rob.

Latest posts

Back