The Avenger

YES!! :D Just dont try and catch me in your tractor beam :p
P.S Love the box art.

Dark Kyp said:
Nice kit, did you planed some upgrades? ;)

Good luck!

yep, actually the white box my hand is on is the Avenger conversion kit from...avery models??? I think that is their name.

Ohhh, maaan! Sci-fi category is really going "uberproject-type" this year. So many outstanding and rare to see built models!
I'll be following this one with a special interest ;)

amateurmodeler said:
Dark Kyp said:

Good luck!

yep, actually the white box my hand is on is the Avenger conversion kit from...avery models??? I think that is their name.

It is Avery models, I have that same upgrade kit.

Grendels said:
amateurmodeler said:
Dark Kyp said:

Good luck!

It is Avery models, I have that same upgrade kit.

True, same kit's in here! ;D

That will be a nice one I think!

Solander said:
Ohhh, maaan! Sci-fi category is really going "uberproject-type" this year. So many outstanding and rare to see built models!
I'll be following this one with a special interest ;)

not to stroke your ego, ;D ;D ;D but I was really impressed with your star destroyer you did a while back, so it inspired me to try one out :)

Thanks, buddy!
And good luck with her. It is a complex build, but well worth all the efforts. ;)

OK so I've run into my first issue, I'm trying not to rivet count on this, but the bridge I was sent is actually for the Devastator.
see this link:
http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/diagram/kdyfaces3.jpg

the one on the top is devastator and the one below it is the avenger. Other than the obvious, I like the scanner globes on the avenger more.

I'm thinking about two options, since I am going to cut it open to light the bridge up:

1) just leave it alone, and make the scanner globes I want

2) use the stock front piece from the kit and scratch build the front of the bridge to look like the avenger

so how about some updates?

I took the hangar bay and hollowed out some spots, I plan to light it and give the illusion of an interior

the next photo is of the new cannons :)

currently working on the rear end, more pics to come!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latest posts

Back