The Army Painter grass tufts...

GalaxyChief

Was not sure exactly where to put this so I am putting it here as I figured it may get more traffic.

I purchased a few packs of this product for use on my games miniatures but had not done anything with it till this evening. At a stopping point with one of my builds for glue to set up I decided to give this stuff a go.

For about $5 you get a small pack of irregular shaped grass clumps. The acctual backing piece is about 2 inch by 6 inches to give you an idea of how much comes in the package. I did some research on youtube for vids on the stuff and while I did find some good referance vids i did not follow them exaclty..... mostly because I do not have any PVA or similar glue on hand right now without running to my shop in town...... thats not going to happen right now ;) So I used some 2P10 thick super glue from Fastcap.

I have always longed for a product like this after spending hours trying to get clumps of woodland scenics "wheat" to stay just so while I hacked on it with a pair of scissors.

At any rate, here is what it looks like on the mini I put it on. Only 2 clumps for this guy.... this is the Highlend tuft color.

They offer two other colors of this product as well as poison ivy and 6 feet of barbed wire for the same price.

Grass looks good. Looks like Silflor stuff - similar at least.

Adds a great touch to that base. Cool paint on the fig too.

It's good stuff. They've made 54mm scale tuft for a while now. Glad it's finally out in a smaller scale.

Latest posts

Back