Testors Limited Edition Sturmtiger 1/35

I think that kit is actually the Italeri kit. Most of Testors armor and aircraft kits were re-boxed Italeri, and the Testors car kits were re-boxed Fujimi and Italeri.

Good vid though....nice ending with the Surgeon General warning!

Thank you DreamKnightsan!
It looks like it might be a good kit. If I can find it for what you paid for it, I'm thinking of getting it.

Again, thanks!

This one goes on my list. I like the unusual armor kits and Eduard does have a photo etch kit for it.
Hey did it come with the zimmerit coating molded in?
Any of the ammunition come with the kit?
Thanks for the review.

Dano1945 said:
This one goes on my list. I like the unusual armor kits and Eduard does have a photo etch kit for it.
Thanks for the review.

As it is a reboxed Italeri kit in a Testors box....no molded on Zimmerit....gotta go to Dragon for that.

I am sure Cavalier or Atak does a Zimmerit set for it though.

@ECH, thanks for the info. Years ago I saw an article on applying simulated zimmerit. This would make a good video if and when I get my video camera working. Hmm.. been wanting to build a classic Tiger tank. Maybe I'll put this and a new camera on the wish list for the wife. Our anniversary, Christmas and my birthday are around the corner so to speak. ;D

Yeah there are a few articles on doing your own zimmerit. Friend of mine did one with Squadron green putty, and there are different variations. Squadron Green or white putty, mix a little liquid cement with it to thin it out and keep it from drying too fast.

I have an AMT AT-AT that I did the Zimmerit to.....should actually finish that one day!!

Dano1945 said:
Thanks for the review.

Wait, from what I can see there are zimmerit in the mold. See pic attached. For ammo, three big shells that the instructions tells you to put inside the tank. :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Excellent that will save some work and serve as a guide if you wanted to put additional zimmerit on.

Cool...didn't know that anyone did molded on Zimmerit before Dragon started doing them. I am sure they would like to think they were the originators of it!

Not so sure it would be easier, I have the first kit they (Dragon) did it on, Porsche turret KT....and while it looks good, you have to sand down the Zim where alot of stuff attaches to the kit.

So what is easier....sand the zimmerit off where parts attach? Or attach everything and put zimmerit on around it?

I don't build much if anything relating to WWII Germany....

Italeri was one of if not the first to do molded on zimmerit starting with a Panther A back in the 90s. Most of their late , and bergetiger kits come with it. I think their mid tiger kit has it too. Most of it is represented as thick plates you glue on top of the existing kit parts. It is highly recommended you sand down the applique plates. If it is a hull part with the zimmerit molded on your good to go .

Nothing against the testor reboxing..... But if I were to buy a Sturmy.... I would look at getting
The AFV one and their Inteior kit!

Like I said! Nothing against older kits but, never hurts to compare!

The clear Display case looks cool! It's a nice plus! For that kit!

Looking forward to see this in paint!

schweinhund227 said:
Nothing against the testor reboxing..... But if I were to buy a Sturmy.... I would look at getting
The AFV one and their Inteior kit!

Like I said! Nothing against older kits but, never hurts to compare!

The clear Display case looks cool! It's a nice plus! For that kit!

Looking forward to see this in paint!

I would prefer something by AFV too but this one was on sale and that's what caught my eye to buy it. :)

I'll go check out the AFV one! Thanks for the heads up.

SO ! What happened with this....???

Did you Thin down the Zim panels ??? so they look better ?
or did you buy a Cavalier or ATAK thin resin Zimmerit set for it ???

let us know where you stand on this...

Pictures would be nice !!!

Take care buddy !

Latest posts

Back