Testors glue questions RED

tpjames

Returning to hobby after some time away, like 15 years !

What is the difference between RED 3502 and RED 3501 if any. ?

Is the 2-pack, 3509 , RED 3501 ? The tubes are not labeled.

Is the original RED 3502 still available ?

Years back I built Race Cars , Muscle Cars , some Military and Corvettes, semi PRO I would say.

What am I working on now ? Big fan of Military and have a rather large collection of kits from years back.

I've started work on this earlier issue Testors Kit. I have Testors 3501 which appears to be ok.

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_9898.JPG
    IMG_9898.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for the NON answer. The two packs have NO numerical ID on the tubes . The two packs are 2/ $5 , 3501 is $7 for one tube. 3502 is NOT available.

Asking for a friend...:cool:

the 3501 is the higher viscosity ( goo ) in the tube .
the 3502 is the lower viscosity liquid in the small jar that is applied via capillary action .
Both for polystyrene used for plastic model kits .

( 3503 is for wood , supplied in tube . 3505 is for wood / metal , also supplied in tube )

3509 ( blue label , goo in tube ) can be used for polystyrene but also ABS

I prefer using the low viscosity glues for their capillary flow application ( 3502 Testors , Tamiya Extra Thin or similar : https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Paint_and_Construction/browse.php?s=4&t=2&u=0 )
Hobby Lobby has the Tamiya and Testors if you have one nearby .

https://www.testors.com/product-catalog/testors-brands/testors/adhesive/cement

Last edited:
Thx for the nice reply ,I have a 2-pack labeled 3509, its RED GOO. It appears to work just fine. I also have a RED Goo tube, 3501, it works just fine. The reason .I asked is years back I used RED tube GOO 3502, I have a few tubes which have hardened.

3502 as a goo in a tube ?
I guess they must have changed their numbers up .

I dump small bits of styrene into the liquid 3502 to make a saturated solution for heavy glue-ups .
I have no use for that goo :D

THX ! yes 3502 was a red tube number probably back 10 years. If I recall it was the only RED tube but they also had the BLUE tubes which wouldn't bond anything !

I am ok with the goo but I also have liquid, I use such a small amount of goo with a toothpick it works out ok. The 3501 and teh 2 pack stuff works ok, no complaints.

I appreciate your replies I was just wondering what happened while I was away from the hobby. Other than my eyes are not near as good !

Man , That Testors product page is pretty extensive . Seems to be a lot of overlap .

It's nice they off the MSDS for each .
I used to be able to find the data sheets on Tamiya , but no more -- even in the pay-for sites .
I should have printed that stuff out !

:D I know the Extra Thin from memory ( too easy ) , I can't find the MSDS on the lacquer putty and their paint thinners .The Tamiya thinners and paints is what I used to be able to find on a domestic retailer's site years back, but they deleted it all for some reason .

What route did you take to that MSDS on the Extra Thin on the Wittmax site ? I find the putty but no link to an MSDS ( or even the price ? ).
Maybe I need a Danish ..

Thanks .
It all used to be out there and then it disappeared --- I haven't looked for it in years now , though o_O

That breakdown of the X-20A confirms what I suspected .
I don't use Tamiya paints but I was confused by how other people were describing it's chemistry .

The German Tamiya site seems to have data sheets available for everything:
https://www.tamiya.de/en/home/There is a downloads tab for each product. You'll find the info there.

For some reason the Tamiya US site is not required to provide this info. :confused:

Excellent -- too bad it's all in German , but I can still make out the chemicals prior to translating .

Yeah , the Tamiya website here has no info -- that's why I was happy to see Testors had their info right there with the product list .

Latest posts

Back