Tatiana's Vanship - Hasegawa 1/72

rookie said:
... took these with my ipad using the camera + app. A better result than my canon point and shoot IMO.

Give your Canon the choice by placing your camera on a fixed surface, disallow flash and use the timer to shoot. All that in font of black backdrop. You might be surprised by your old P&S.

Cheers,
Guido

You're right Guido.
I never use the flash for model photography, too much glare and washout. Better with external lighting.

Jim

Looks nice, I really like the curves and shape of this thing. Nice candy red finish too.

Definitely give a medium to dark grey backdrop a try, it does make a nice contrast.

I agree with Guido, the weathering is fine.

As for the photos, do try a different colored background. That will allow the colors to come out more.

Excelent work, congrats on the finish!
And I think that the weathering is very well executed with its minimal touches also.
After all, Tatyana would have tore of mechanics heads if they had failed keeping her bird in pristine condition :)

This ship looks fantastic. Love the red/offwhite combo.

I, also, don't think it needs anymore weathering.

That came out looking great bro... the weathering looks just fine... don't change a thing! The background thou, I would have used a blue background for this to contrast the red. But it still looks awesome regardless!

Latest posts

Back