Tank #2 M48A2 Patton

RKrebs

I, for one, like Roman Numerals.
So after 10 minutes I can tell you that I will probably never spend money on a Monogram model. This one is garbage. Poor molding, nothing so far is lining up cleanly and the details are crap.

Oh well. It was only $18

Don't count out all Monogram models, some are quite good, just most of their armor kits are from the old, old, old (and I mean old) Renewal line that dates back to the 60's. For their time, they were probably the best around, but not so much these days.

What are you going to do with all these little green men you're amassing ?

& where did you get that kit ?

The box-art would have scared me away good :eek:

El MoMo

another cannon slinging tractor . . ..
.... you did smash the Spitfire didn't you , Ron .... ;)

Not sure about the little green men....and the kit was on sale for less than $10 at Hobby Lobby. The art scared me away online at $29.99, but standing in the store looking at it for less than $10, I figured how bad can it be? LOL

30 bucks !! ?? ::)

Definitely worth 10 .

Yeah , you were saying the Hobby Lobby near you didn't have much but the one I use keeps expanding it's model isle .
I never look for kits there , but I noticed an increasing number of Tamiya kits and more importantly , the pricing seemed really reasonable on the few kits I glanced over -- significantly reduced in price from what I had seen in the past .
I was wondering if it was just for Christmas , but it seems permanent ;D

Cheers

urumomo said:
30 bucks !! ?? ::)

Definitely worth 10 .

Yeah , you were saying the Hobby Lobby near you didn't have much but the one I use keeps expanding it's model isle .
I never look for kits there , but I noticed an increasing number of Tamiya kits and more importantly , the pricing seemed really reasonable on the few kits I glanced over -- significantly reduced in price from what I had seen in the past .
I was wondering if it was just for Christmas , but it seems permanent ;D

Cheers

Go on your phone to the Hobby Lobby website and they usually have a coupon there. I got it with a 40% off coupon. I generally order everything online. Occasionally I get off island for a conference or a meeting but rarely have time to stop anywhere. So I will just keep ordering online. :)

Elm City Hobbies said:
This kit was re-issued about 6 months ago

Is the kit I got the re-released one? If it is, then that is just plain scary. No QC or QI.

:eek:

Oh yeah ;)

I use the 40% off every time I'm in there .

I use them for art supplies -- paint , brushes , blades etc

Cheers

RKrebs said:
Elm City Hobbies said:

Is the kit I got the re-released one? If it is, then that is just plain scary. No QC or QI.

If the picture you posted is from the kit you bought, then yeah, that is the re-issued kit. Kit was originally issued in 1959 I believe.

Elm City Hobbies said:
RKrebs said:
Elm City Hobbies said:

If the picture you posted is from the kit you bought, then yeah, that is the re-issued kit. Kit was originally issued in 1959 I believe.

Garbage I tell you. Tamiya may not be high end, but compared to this kit. :)

That's what they were selling in '59 ::)

I guess they re-release it for nostalgia sake .

I bet the army-men look Krazy -- Post us a pic of the peoples ;D

urumomo said:
That's what they were selling in '59 ::)

I guess they re-release it for nostalgia sake .

I bet the army-men look Krazy -- Post us a pic of the peoples ;D

I am guessing they found a stash at their local Salvation Army that nobody wanted and decided to sell them. :)

I will post pics as soon as my Seahawks are finished utterly dominating the Cardinals!!! :)

24161020225_032d01ab78_c.jpg

23534223873_20542fa1de_c.jpg

I saw better looking men from the Army Men I ordered for $1.99 out of the back of the Marvel Comic when I was a kid. :)

;D ;D

brings back memories .

That MG molded-as-one with the fig ::)

............ well , they didn't cheat you out of any flash . LOL

Latest posts

Back