Tamiya's 1/35 Pz.II F/G

wyoroy

Here's one of the first armor kits I have ever built (1 of 3). This was started over Thanksgiving weekend 2011.
Thsi is the first time I have ever tried a wash. Comments and suggestions welcomed.

PzIIprogress001.jpg

ArmorBuild002.jpg

PzIb3.jpg

PzIb1.jpg

PzIb4.jpg

PzIb5.jpg

PzIb6.jpg

PzIb7.jpg

PzIII002.jpg

PzIIwashrawumber003.jpg

PzIIwashrawumber002.jpg

PzIIwashrawumber001.jpg

WYOROY ,

Cool lil' Panzer !!! I love th Desert Camo , I think you nailed it !! What colors did you use ?

The washes look good , when dry, I'd dust it up with some pigments & then you have you self a Good Lookin' Pz. II from th Sand Box !! You did a good job with this Ancient Tamiya kit !! One of th hardest things with this kit are th flimsy Sprockets - you got 'em dead on !!

Rock-On with your 1st. Armor build !!

\m/

welcome to the club :) ya done a good job on her and i agree with panzer add some dust pigs to get the used look and your rockin.

Thanks for the kind words panzerace007 and spud. I used all Model Master enamel paints. Primer was Italian Dark brown #2111, base coat Afrika Panzer Grunbraun #2099 the spots are Afrika Panzer Khakibraun #2098. The wash is Raw Umber. Still need to do the road wheel, front, back and the turret.

I have to say I love building armor. So much so that I want to mostly armor this year ;D

hehe armor is cool because there is so much of it

Here's where the Pz.II is. Finsihed the raw umber wash and I'll let it dry and move on to the next step.

PzIIAusfG.jpg

Thanks Spud. The armor thing is all new to me and so far I like how she's looking. Can't wait to start the next step of the weathering.

Nice job for your 1st!! Color looks spot on!!! Looking forward to seeing her getting a bit dusty!! ;)

Thanks for the kind words guys. I've been reading and watching a ton of how-to videos so I think I should be able to give it the nice desert look. At least that's the plan ;D

It a good little tank to be your first and you've done a cracking job on it bud like the paint scheme....

I'm about to start this model right now actually so you've got me right in the mood to start

John

John, it's not a bad little kit. All I did was use some sheet palstic to close off some open areas on the underside and drill out the muffler and gun barrels. Thanks for the kind words. You guys a such great confidence builders ;D Please feel free to give me tips and ideas seeing how I'm new to the Dark Side 8)

Thank you very much Norm. Watched your video on painting road wheels, very nice. I used that when I was doing aircraft.

:eek:

How did this one slip past me? lol

Very nice job mate, well done. I love all these early war Panzers so much more than the big late war killers. ;D

Keep up the great work dude.

TTFN Matt

I have a question for the veteran armor guys. I'm at the point where I will be adding some dust to the panzer. I have some Warpigs pigments; natural sienna, natural yellow and havana ochre. Since this is a DAK panzer what colors should I use, how and where do I apply them?

Latest posts

Back