Tamiya Weathering Stick?

gallstone

This might have been covered in the forum already, but I couldn't find where, so forgive me if I'm (maybe) boring some of you with this same topic yet again, but...

I came across these Weathering Sticks by Tamiya in my local hobby store and I was wondering if any of you had any experience in using these and what your verdict would be.

There are the sticks and the 'master' things... the make-up compact looking things.
Is this something worth trying out or would you say: stick to the tried and true methods of weathering?

http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/87080weathering/

ps: I've recently become a born-again builder after a long period of ... well not building. So this might have been around for a while now, but it's new to me... again if I'm boring you, I apologies.

I am a fan of the weatherine master kits. I use the soot and rust quite often. The snow is nice too I just dont often model winterized subjects so havnt used it that much. The effects are subtle but nice if you want some lite weathering on your kit.

dont know about the weathering sticks though

I have one or 2 of them, but don't really care for them, as I prefer the raw pigments myself.

The product itself isn't so bad I suppose...the applicator needs to go though....better control with a paint brush I find.

Latest posts

Back