TAMIYA USS NEW JERSEY 1;350 SCALEA

model maker jnr

ANOTHER TANK BITES THE DUST
Im 13 and my next build going to be a new jersey 1;350 scale and was wondering if you guys had any tips or tricks? For the build
;D

Probably one of the best things to do is find a good build log for New Jersey. (google: 1/350 uss new jersey)

A detailed build log with pictures from someone who has already built it can be an invaluable aid.

today i started by by making all the guns and and glued all the hooks an to the deck. (sorry I'm not sure about the correct words for all the parts of the ship so bear with me ;D )

Hey MMJ!!

The NJ is one of my favorites next to the Mighty Mo, Mammy and Arizona (had to give you the top 3..LOL) Tim was spot on checking out as many builds as possible online! Nothing wrong with emulating others in their builds. I would tell you to search through the ship builds here and check out Tim (ComfortablyNumb)'s builds. Exceptional, clean down-right solid modeling!!

Take your time, dry fit as much as you can. Number one thing I found that made life easier was to build sub-assemblies of all the various sections. Assemble all the turrets, superstructures and any complex sections first and dry fit them to the deck. These sub-assemblies are easier to paint off the ship than on. When you go to set the deck to the hull, check the fit. If there is gaps, as this is a common issue with most decks, pop up some pics and there is a ton of help to steer you in the best way to fill the gaps.

Ships a re fun to build but can be challenging. Patience is #1. I hope you are planning to post a blog here on the build. I am looking forward to following along!! Good luck and get building!! ;)

I will be but progress will be extra slow with school exams coming up.
;D
any good tips for getting good pics ?
his builds are amazing also thanks for the tips .
hope to hear more from you as the build progresses :D

Good pics are all related to FOCUS and LIGHTING. After you take the pictures, you can download and use a free photo manipulator that's quite close to Photoshop. It's called GIMP and should be able to be downloaded via this link :

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-win/files/GIMP%20%2B%20GTK%2B%20%28stable%20release%29/GIMP%202.8.4/gimp-2.8.4-setup.exe/download?accel_key=71%3A1363709458%3Ahttp%253A//www.gimp.org/downloads/%3A64630258%24b129208de7a16553a406a2e66de1ba5787ac84ff&click_id=964a6bb2-90af-11e2-b083-0200ac1d1d0b&source=accel

You can adjust your picture to fit your needs easily with that tool. It's great to have a sweet camera like a DSLR, but not everyone can shell out over $500 for a camera. Remember, great pictures are 80% Photographer and 20% Equipment

Will hopfully get some pics once i have completed the first. Level of the center deck.
Before i go any further i just wanted to.say that this build is dedicated to my nana who passed away the day before i got the
Model for my birthday R.I.P :)

How is your build coming along? When I was in the Navy, homeported out of Long Beach, CA, the New Jersey and Missouri were stationed there as well. Awesome ships!
Ron W.

My modeling has been delayed again ;D with grandad br eaking his hip. Will put some pics up when he is abit better. Sorry

Hi guys finally got a bit of work done. ;D. I Have assembled the sorry if i get this wrong palnixes and CWIS controls and painted.them sorry about this taking so long but what happens happens. ;D

Very cool! Those things can't be hurried...show us PICS!! ;D ;D

I'm usually pro-army but the CWIS is definatly one of my favorite weapon!
CIWS firing

Hey bud,

how goes the build mate :)

cant wait to see your progress,

keep it up mate

Shane.

Latest posts

Back