Tamiya Stug IV

I managed to get some headstones 3D printed. Hopefully I can get around to painting them this weekend and I will post pics.
Nice... I've always wanted to build a diorama... Only trouble is that it takes up so much space.

Looks really good. I don't mean to be rude, but is it on purpose that the grass is laying down?

Thanks! No, my static grass applicator is cheap and it really didn't agree with the longer grass flocking. I'm going to keep adding layers to try to tease it so that it will stand up hopefully. But my idea is that the cemetery is overgrown due to the war. By the time I add the additional headstones, figures, and some other bushes and stuff, most of the actually grass will be more broken up.

Thanks! No, my static grass applicator is cheap and it really didn't agree with the longer grass flocking. I'm going to keep adding layers to try to tease it so that it will stand up hopefully. But my idea is that the cemetery is overgrown due to the war. By the time I add the additional headstones, figures, and some other bushes and stuff, most of the actually grass will be more broken up.
Makes sense...

I totally get the look you're going for. Be a shame if the grass isn't what you imagined.

Was home sick today and bored, so I was working on my Tamiya Stug Iv. This is the old 1974 kit. The muffler is just sorta sitting in place, not glued on crooked. I'm using the RB Models barrel and I have RFM individual link and length tracks, but having a hard time getting them to fit to the Tamiya sprockets. I may end up just using the Tamiya rubber bands.
#Stuglife

View attachment 86710
View attachment 86711
View attachment 86712

20210811_232204.jpg20210811_231325.jpg20210811_231438.jpg My "Cinematic Style" StuG from Italeri assembled with their wonderful "The parts sorta kinda go here" instructions.

Well, well, got off my lazy arse and got some work done. Painted my 3D printed stuff, started messing with figures, and really thickened up the grass work. More to come soon.

IMG-20210912-143412781.jpgIMG-20210912-143253787.jpg
IMG-20210912-143244902.jpg
IMG-20210912-143132150.jpg
IMG-20210912-143141283.jpg

Last edited:
From L to R:
1 - "Ah, that was some tasty sauerbraten."
2 - "Gunter, you kidder, you are funny, pull my finger."
3 - "I don't like graveyards."
4 - "Look, I dance like zee Americans."
5 - "Don't blame me, I wanted to stay at that French chateau."

Thanks!

So just a minor update. The figures are still in the black. Most of my October was taken up with antelope hunting, so not much free time. I started building a tree from natural materials and sea foam twigs, but it's too fiddly and fragile, so I set it aside and started building a more robust one from copper wire and Apoxie Sculpt. It takes longer, but the tree will at least survive me looking at it without falling apart.

Now that the antelope tag is filled (YAY) I can get back to work on this. Also helping my 10 year old build his Godzilla model which is another chore altogether.

" but the tree will at least survive me looking at it without falling apart. "
LOL

Well, I've been home sick for the last 2 days, so I decided to knock out some ground work on this dio. Adding bushes, little trees, broken gate and the extra blown out bricks. Also decided to try out the VMS Paper Shaper which I got recently. Still working on my tree off camera.
1.jpg
4.jpg

Hope you get feeling better soon !

I'm confused with the loose brick - they're levitating above the grass .
You're gonna push em down in there , or this is an action shot ? They're being " blown out " in the scene ?

The grass is so thick that a couple of the bricks will need little pins installed in them so that I can push them firm against the ground. White glue isn't going to work on some of these.

Thanks! Hopefully this coming weekend I'll be able to start finishing up the figures and this project altogether. Then I'll get back to work on my Slave I and move onto my Tamiya 1/48 P-47, which I'm really looking forward to.

Latest posts

Back