Tamiya Spitfire

ohbejuan

I just finished a highly detailed Star Wars B-Wing, but I switched to my other favorite thing, WWII fighter planes. Working on a Tamiya Spitfire Mk Vb in 1:/48. It is my first 1/48 kit. I did spring for 3D decals from Quinta Studios, but then I forgot to photograph most of them before sealing them up inside the cockpit :rolleyes:.

IMG_3103.jpegIMG_3138.jpegIMG_3141.jpegIMG_3135.jpeg

Good job on the pilot

It is also nice to see a pilot. So few kits these days seem to include pilots

I am sure I am in the minority, but I am also one of those who like to build things in flight for the most part aside from a few take-off style dioramas, or if I have more than one of a subject

Good job on the pilot

It is also nice to see a pilot. So few kits these days seem to include pilots

I am sure I am in the minority, but I am also one of those who like to build things in flight for the most part aside from a few take-off style dioramas, or if I have more than one of a subject
I am the same! thanks for the kind words on the pilot. Airfix has pilots on 1:72 and 1:48 scales. and they still have wheels up options. I think this Tamyia tooling is one of their older ones, so it still has a pilot. I plan on finishing this one wheels up and use an Airfix stand.

...I think this Tamyia tooling is one of their older ones, so it still has a pilot...
I don't think Tamiya has stopped including pilots in their new kits, though. The P-38 has a seated pilot, for example. But yes, I'm with you guys, too. I like to have a pilot or other figure with my airplane kits. And with armor kits. I grew up on Monogram and Revell in the 70s. I was surprised when I returned to building models in the late 90s, that most manufacturers had stopped including figures. But it made sense, since so many modelers said they didn't like, or were afraid to try, painting the figures. And I saw that aftermarket makers stepped in to provide them to those who wanted them.
Still, I loved Monogram's USAAF aircrew from the multiengined airplane kits, and the TBD figures!

james-franco-wait-what.gif

I am one that does not add pilots. First I like the "parked" look of the aircraft and second I really suck at painting them :confused:
I am currently finishing up decal work on an Tamiya 1:48 A-10 Thunderbolt. Next will be the ICM 1:48 OV-10A Bronco. The remaining builds I have lined up are WWII aircraft.

Latest posts

Back