Tamiya Panzer Kampfwagen IV Ausf.D

SchweddyBalls

Be gentle.... this is only my 3rd build since getting back into the hobby a few months ago after being gone for 30 years.
Still a work in progress.

Attachments

• Panzer1.jpg
    Panzer1.jpg
    934.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Panzer2.jpg
    Panzer2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
y9biijT.jpg

Looks great.

I've never done armor... But trying to get back into the hobby I've bought me self two Tamiya kits. A1A2 Abrams and the m41 bulldog.

I'm looking forward to building them... When life will let me

The great thing is that the kids found out I had all these old mpc ertl starwars kits laying around... So now we've started building them instead... But that works too, getting to model and spend time with the kids...

Either way... I wanna build one of those too. Those tanks really made a difference in the beginning of the war.(not that I condone it or anything... But they where the first tanks used in the blitz)

Great build man

Looks great.

I've never done armor... But trying to get back into the hobby I've bought me self two Tamiya kits. A1A2 Abrams and the m41 bulldog.

I'm looking forward to building them... When life will let me

The great thing is that the kids found out I had all these old mpc ertl starwars kits laying around... So now we've started building them instead... But that works too, getting to model and spend time with the kids...

Either way... I wanna build one of those too. Those tanks really made a difference in the beginning of the war.(not that I condone it or anything... But they where the first tanks used in the blitz)

Great build man
Thank you, I appreciate that.... ya being able to do something the kids enjoy and spend time with them as well is always a blessing.
I have the Tamiya Bulldog kit in my stash, may build that one next, not sure yet, lol!
I just got the Ryefield Tiger1 late production delivered today and I've already been nosing through it.
Can't decided which version of it I want to build as it comes with 4 different versions.
I'm probably going to have to quit building for awhile, in the process of buying a house and I have a ton of little things I need to fix on my current house before it goes up for sale.
So my free time will be spent doing that, even though I'd rather be building models.
But definitely keep us up to date when you start your armor builds, would love to see the progress.
Take care!

Attachments

• Tiger.jpg
    Tiger.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2
Yeah life has a tendency to get in the way... I hate when that happens.

Last time that happened to me, it laster for 16 years... I tried 4 times to break the streak, this time I set up in the office, cuz the shed just got too cold in the wintertime.
IMG_20210307_140655.jpg

Hang in there... Get settled and keep the MOJO going.

Very nice turn of a potential mess into something impressive! Really liking the old cold beat up and worn out look.

Adding this to the list of examples persuading me to tackle an armor project... someday. I could retire three times over and never run out of creative projects I want to try out.

Very nice turn of a potential mess into something impressive! Really liking the old cold beat up and worn out look.

Adding this to the list of examples persuading me to tackle an armor project... someday. I could retire three times over and never run out of creative projects I want to try out.
Thank you, glad it may persuade you to try some armor. :)

We all dream of doing armor models! What's holding us back? Why is there so much fuss about how to do a tank? Not saying you guys but in general... It's almost like a religion.

Maybe I should do my m41 in a weathered pink...

I don't care if it doesn't match this or that exact photo. I think your tank is cool... Cuz u managed to do a cool model, and u learned something in the process. Win win!

Last edited:
Haha BLT, you may not be far off. One of my planned projects is a hover tank of my own design. Not rights or wrongs for that one. I actually find the builds like this one that possibly stray from history to be more interesting if just for the change in perspective.

This one tells a cool story in my mind and that's the interesting part to me.

Latest posts

Back