Tamiya m41 walker bulldog

Yeah, you said you scratched up the .50 cal barrel and the side skirts. the main gun barrel looks scratched up as well. I was just wondering if this was an Aestetic thing, or neccessary for the kit build, I've got one in my stash you see, so any heads up before i get there can only be a good thing.
Oh... By scratching I'm refering to scratch building...

The. 50 cal, and the main barrel are made out of brass tube, simply to make it more accurate... The main barrel was rather wonky. The. 50 cal was very poor quality. The headlight guards and the one inserted side skirt are made out of a piece of a beercan, simply to optain are more delicate scale look... And it makes it look more like bent metal... Cuz it is.

The hatch locking mounts where non existent in this kit, therefor I scratch build them.

I hope that answered your question. Feel free to ask again, that is the only way in which we learn.

Oh... By scratching I'm refering to scratch building...

The. 50 cal, and the main barrel are made out of brass tube, simply to make it more accurate... The main barrel was rather wonky. The. 50 cal was very poor quality. The headlight guards and the one inserted side skirt are made out of a piece of a beercan, simply to optain are more delicate scale look... And it makes it look more like bent metal... Cuz it is.

The hatch locking mounts where non existent in this kit, therefor I scratch build them.

I hope that answered your question. Feel free to ask again, that is the only way in which we learn.
ah gotcha. sorry, i told you i was a bit 'cognitively challenged' haha

Hello
My first tank build...

I chose this old kit cuz I figured I'd mess up here and there.

I've scratched the barrel on the. 50 cal and the light covers... I'm debating wether to scratch the side fenders, they're sorly lacking in detail... But I'm also thinking of hanging some equipment off the sides and the turret, in which case the sides will be covered.

I found out last night that you can buy a lot of cheap. 50 cal upgrades, so I might do that... On the other hand, ones this thing is on the shelf will I ever get my money's worth for paying half of what the entire kit cost for a machine gun? Probably not.

Anyway enjoy...

View attachment 1782View attachment 1783View attachment 1784View attachment 1785View attachment 1786View attachment 1787View attachment 1788View attachment 1789View attachment 1790

BTW I've never painted figures before, I do think that the Tamiya paints are great, but not for brushing.
I'm considering just buying some skin sets or flesh tone sets from AK, MIG og Vallejo...

Any suggestions?
I've been liking Vallejo for brush-work.

Hello
My first tank build...

I chose this old kit cuz I figured I'd mess up here and there.

I've scratched the barrel on the. 50 cal and the light covers... I'm debating wether to scratch the side fenders, they're sorly lacking in detail... But I'm also thinking of hanging some equipment off the sides and the turret, in which case the sides will be covered.

I found out last night that you can buy a lot of cheap. 50 cal upgrades, so I might do that... On the other hand, ones this thing is on the shelf will I ever get my money's worth for paying half of what the entire kit cost for a machine gun? Probably not.

Anyway enjoy...

View attachment 1782View attachment 1783View attachment 1784View attachment 1785View attachment 1786View attachment 1787View attachment 1788View attachment 1789View attachment 1790

BTW I've never painted figures before, I do think that the Tamiya paints are great, but not for brushing.
I'm considering just buying some skin sets or flesh tone sets from AK, MIG og Vallejo...

Any suggestions?
Hi, really liking the build. I bought a vallejo flesh set and found it really good. Looking forward to the rest of your build.
Irishvic/Pantherman

Some of the sets come with the layering painting technique with them as well but those colors you mention sound good. If you haven't yet go check out some figure painting videos on youtube.
Start out with painting in the way that is most comfortable to you. All the layering techniques can be great, but as with all the new ways of painting and weathering etc etc can put people off continuing their hobby if things don't work out as you expect/want.
Kneadite is great for some things, I have never melted styrene with it. I use both it and Magic Sculpt and of course Milliput is great. The latter unlike Kneadite can be sanded, drilled etc etc.
Nice start on your M41, I look forward to watching your progress.

Latest posts

Back