Tried simulating the faded surface. I'm gonna go even lighter and this time sponge and brush. I might have overdone it... But plan has always been to tone it back down and blend it with the base color in the end. I wanna ad some yellows, light green and blue ind there as well.... Whacky I know!
Learned a lot
1. First time trying salt and hairspray methods. I like em a lot.
2. Vallejo varnish dries white with humbrol picments
3. I didn't quite manage to hold back on the dirt even tho I didn't wanna go overboard. Fail... But I got it out of my system. And anyone can tell this thing has driven through vietnam dirt.
4. I'll get a panzer kampf wagen 3 og 4 polish versions and go all muddy. Getting the dirt stuff completely out of my system.
5. I'll defenatley get the m48 and others of that line and hold back on the dirt.
6. My m1a2 Abrams will only get a light dust wash.
7. Using Micro sol and set, still left the film visible on the decals, in the right light.
8. I had a shit load of fun, for my first tank build its OK.
Nice job. I built one last fall. They're a great kit. I was luck that I had a left over 50 cal that I migrated the barrel to the 50 cal that came with the tank. The one with the kit was really out of proportion(small).