Tamiya M41 Bulldog

What am I zooming in on ?
How perfect it is ? ;D

so you painted them OD , then used blue-tac or something to mask the wheel , yeah ?

Exactly.

You said I got them at the wrong angle. I assumed you wanted to see something up close specifically.

LOL .
I was joking about their arrangement in relation to the lines on the cutting mat ;)

You should be close to completion on this M41 , no ?

Getting there. I still have to finish some of the small parts, clear coat it and also decide if I want to attempt to weather it or just go for the fresh off the assembly line look.

Wow ;D

I hope you're happy with it ,,
Great job on the dry-brushing .

I assume it had a two-piece barrel ?
How'd that come out ?

Cheers ,
Uru
& Happy New Year

Yes, it had a 2 piece barrel. I am actually very please with it. I glued it together and it lined up pretty good. A little pit of 1200 grit sanding and it looks like a single piece barrel. I even filed down and cleaned up the lines on the flash suppressor.

Trying to show the pin wash. I really need to set up a proper lighting booth to take pictures in.

23514104864_0c38a21a9d_c.jpg

Not the best picture. I will take another shot of it tomorrow. Also I am not sure I have the right color for the wash. It is a burnt Umber with a touch of black mixed in. Perhaps not enough black. Not too sure yet.

You using oils or acrylic for the wash ?

It looks pretty red from here --- not nec. wrong 8)

she could be driving around in that color soil .

The thing looks really good , Ron ;D
you're a quick study ...

Uru

Oil. Tomorrow I am going to add more black to the wash and do it again. ;D

Look fine .
just needs to be evened-out .

Are you working from photo references ?

What exactly are you trying to reproduce ? Soil , corrosion , both .. ?

Wash looked great. I don't use black for my washes on tanks. They play in the dirt so burnt umber is good looks like dirt piled in the creases

Latest posts

Back