Tamiya F4U-1A Corsair 1/48

DreamKnight said:
Nope. HD Webcam and when I have to leave my desk, I switch to a HD pocket cam.

OH! I sometimes use my digi cam to record 720p SD video if I need a second camera doing stuff away from the desk but I try not to use it since it's not HD otherwise I'd have to do a lot of tweeking to it to make it match up with the other cams in post. Too much time :/

Oooo nice. thanks for the find. I'm pretty sure can be lowered seperately cause I've seen photos of em but I'm not sure if they were the right model of the F4U.

Hey DK, something I have been meaning to ask you, where do you get those little plastic cups (the ones that look like Nyquil dosers)

Talen said:
Hey DK, something I have been meaning to ask you, where do you get those little plastic cups (the ones that look like Nyquil dosers)

OH! In the US, there is a place called Smart and Final here. Sells grocery and restaurant supplies wholesale. I buy a 100 lot package for like $3. You can get caps for them too for like $1.5. They have other sizes too... like same vloume but lower and wider.

I'll have to poking around the restaurant supply placees here around Eugene, I was thinking that may be the place to look, but I wasn't sure. Thanks

Talen said:
I'll have to poking around the restaurant supply placees here around Eugene, I was thinking that may be the place to look, but I wasn't sure. Thanks

Eugene Oregon? You're on the west coast, you guys should have Smart and Finals? If you do, they stock Future too... and just like... surf the isle... there's SO much stuff you can use for the hobby you can buy in bulk. lol

I looked up Smart and Final, they haven't made it this far north, the closest one is in Sacramento (which ironically is where I used to live 4 years ago).

Go to your local $ store, should be able to buy a sleeve of shot glasses for next to nothing. Not quite the same size, but would do the trick. Or look up restaurant supplies in the phone book in your area, they look like the cups that take outs would put salad dressing or similar in.

Talen said:
I looked up Smart and Final, they haven't made it this far north, the closest one is in Sacramento (which ironically is where I used to live 4 years ago).

Well that's lame and a bit of a drive for you in Eugene. Hmmmm... What's the equiv of a Smart and Final up there? I can't remember but there is one...

Talen said:

OH! Cash & Carry. You have that in Eugene? That's Smart and Final up there.

Yes, yes we do..and I will go check them out this week. ^_^

In fact looking at the map..its like a half a mile from my house.

I see you painted it a light-ish blue color.Well the box and the instructions say that but to me theres been an understanding that it should be a dark royal blue or somin like that? I'm just asking. ::)
O and DK which version are you goin to decal? :p
Corsairs rock! 8)

FoldedWings said:
I see you painted it a light-ish blue color.Well the box and the instructions say that but to me theres been an understanding that it should be a dark royal blue or somin like that? I'm just asking. ::)
Corsairs rock! 8)

Yeh suppose to be navy blue or something like that. I don't really pay attention to the colors since I'm going to do weathering to it that'll wear the color. I just need to get it close enough to what I need to.

FoldedWings said:
Corsairs rock! 8)

Oh also, the color darkens when you gloss coat for decals. I don't know why so I don't see the point in trying to get exact colors. When I dust coat it, it'll get lighter again then even more when I weather it to wear down the plane

The build itself has been stalled for awhile because Dreamknight's been tied up with work

Coladito1 said:
[move]Is there a Part 11? or is it under another tittle? just curious.

It's coming soon. :) Started filming the next step already.

Thanks for the backup Quaralane! :)

Latest posts

Back