Tamiya AS Colours Match??

mixup_1

Hello all, need some help and Im sure someone on here can help me :)

About to start my Tamiya 1/72 F-16 CJ Block50. Of course Tamiya has listed 4 AS colours which come in rattle can. Apart from being a tad expensive I couldn't be bothered decanting to use through my airbrush.

Would anyone be able to give me the closest match to the following, pref in Vallejo / Air . Many thanks in advance!

AS-10 Ocean Grey 86510
AS-26 Light Ghost Grey 86526
AS-27 Gunship Gray 2 86527
AS-28 Medium Gray 86528

Cheers

Pearse

The tamiya rattle cans tend to be on the glossier end of the spectrum where the VMA paints are on the matt side of satin.
As far as colour matching there are a couple of good apps for your phone or try http://scalemodeldb.com/paint

Hey mixup.

I assume you are doing a USAF Grey scheme?

Do you have an airbrush? As Vallejo Model Air has the colors for USAF Grey.

Vallejo Air 120 USAF Medium Gray FS36320
Vallejo Air 121 USAF Light Gray FS36622
Vallejo Air 123 USAF Dark Gray FS36081

Not really sure what the 4th color (Ocean Grey) would be needed for, as most US F-16s are only 3 greys. Light on the bottom, Med. and Dark on the top.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Hey mixup.

I assume you are doing a USAF Grey scheme?

Do you have an airbrush? As Vallejo Model Air has the colors for USAF Grey.

Vallejo Air 120 USAF Medium Gray FS36320
Vallejo Air 121 USAF Light Gray FS36622
Vallejo Air 123 USAF Dark Gray FS36081

Not really sure what the 4th color (Ocean Grey) would be needed for, as most US F-16s are only 3 greys. Light on the bottom, Med. and Dark on the top.

I am indeed and airbrush in hand.
Man, ur a star thanks very much for this. Don't know exactly what the Ocean grey is for without instructions but was guessing an important colour/shade hence the AS call out.

Many Thanks

Pearse

Latest posts

Back