Tamiya A10

KINGSLUG

Since its my favorite plane I figured I would try this out. Waiting on the phot etch stuff and the brass cannon. Then I have to get an airbrush and figure that out. Been a long time since I did this but its coming back.
This motorcycle model on the hand has been difficult. Ready to drop some bombs on it.model 1.jpgmodel 2.jpgmodel 3.jpg

I noticed your rattle can primer, Stynylrez is a good primer you can use through your airbrush, no thinning, just shake it up pour it in and spray. It works well with Tamiya paints, as far as aircraft goes anyway. I know nothing about what folks use for auto kits. The bike looks great.

I was thinking of priming the plane with that primer until i get the airbrush..this way i can see what i need to fix

I was thinking of priming the plane with that primer until i get the airbrush..this way i can see what i need to fix
That's the only reason I use primer. If I could do without, I would, just to eliminate one step of the paint and wait process. I sprayed a paint mule without primer once using Tamiya flats and was very pleased with how it adhered. After I put it in a dehydrator for a few hours it was surprisingly durable but repairs had to be made directly on the paint, and then crappy touch ups followed so it was a one time deal. I did find it funny that the flat paint without primer under it or clear coat on top of it, took decals surprisingly well. Clear coats are as annoying to me as having to spray primer, but they are a necessary evil, at least with aircraft and autos.

And good clear is expensive as hell..ive used the 2 part stuff on my skis..toxic as hell but tough as steel

Kinda makes you want a magnifying lens to work with that don't it :D . I know I want one before I work with photoetch again.

Latest posts

Back