Tamiya 1:72 Mitsubishi A6M3/3a Model 22 Practice Build

aboynamedred

The only good system is a soundsystem
DWA4W7nl.jpg

// Tamiya 1:72 Mitsubishi A6M3 Zero Fighter (Zeke) //

• This is my 8th model build overall and the first for 2016 • Color and decal placement has been followed in order • Oil and dirt deposits throughout the plane have been faithfully recreated • Cockpit interior have been detailed in-depth • Paint scratches particularly in the wingtips and pilot walkway are emphasized thoroughly •

Color scheme:
• Lt. Cdr. Saburo Shindo, 582nd Naval Air Group, Buin, Bougainville, June 1943

Date started: 3 February 2016
Date finished: 21 February 2016

Modifications:
• Engine coils and wirings, made from stretched sprues

Paints used:
• Bosny Primer Grey
• Bosny Silver
• Bosny Flat Clear
• Bosny Clear
• Tamiya AS-21 Dark Green 2 (IJN)
• Tamiya AS-29 Gray Green (IJN)
• Tamiya X-1 Black
• Tamiya X-2 White
• Tamiya X-4 Blue
• Tamiya X-7 Red
• Tamiya X-8 Lemon Yellow
• Tamiya X-22 Clear
• Tamiya XF-86 Flat Clear

Weathering:
• Prang Color Pencil Silver
• Prang Color Pencil Black
• Tamiya Panel Accent Color Black

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOME BUILD PHOTOS:

ZX0SJpLl.jpg

JPvJGCkl.jpg

RkDSoD2l.jpg

onbSR1Xl.jpg

OG9gBOBl.jpg

qPZZ9hIl.jpg

Vr2yXRNl.jpg

CFj6XTUl.jpg

MLv1rZcl.jpg

2AmjJmTl.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINAL PHOTOS:

oRFlX2Q.jpg

8DjjZ0K.jpg

A0lffcr.jpg

RBVgRfk.jpg

f6Y9gxd.jpg

Personal notes:
• Since this is a practice build before I assemble the classic Tamiya 1:48 A6M5 (#61027), there's no denial that I made a lot of mistakes. One of which is very obvious; that there were no drybrushed areas in the cockpit, the antennae is missing, and the propeller have the wrong color. Also, I noticed that some of the roundels did not conform to the wing surfaces properly. I'd take note of all your feedback so please feel free to critique my work. Thank you. :) •​

Belugawrx said:
I think you have done a nice job on this, considering it is so darn small !!
Cheers

Thank you! :D I admit, it gave me such a hard time building this thing. But it's a lot of fun.

I'll tell you what - if may have been practice for you - but it would be a keeper for me! ;D
Very nice job!!

Latest posts

Back