Tamiya 1/48 V1 Fi103

RocketSilo

Wanted to do a quickie build .
this is a great little kit ! The fit and detail is top notch

I have it assembled and the cart finished .Once the Buzz Bomb is painted and decals applied it's done.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Cool, I'm just finishing up the decals & paint on the exact same kit.

Jmac , I hope you post it to the forum ! you can post a pic here if you like, I don't mind.

I found a pic of a recovered yellow nosed version that I might try to do...I never knew they existed in that scheme !

I managed to break the tiny prop on mine ,, I'll have to fix that somehow .
I should have used Grendel's Straw condom idea, but didn't think of it in time.

All done.
As usual, Createx paint,and Liquitex matte varnish.
I did a bit of salt weathering on the cart and a little oil wash on the Buzzbomb.
this scheme is from an original V1 displayed at the Imperial War Museum.
Went together very well.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nice work! This is one kit have been interested in. The V1 and V2 were childhood favorites. I have had many versions of the V2 over the years, but not one V1.

I do have a quick question: Is the Createx paint air brush ready? Or does it need thinning. It is readily available at on of my local hobby shops.

It's "airbrush ready" at about 45-60 psi ,, but you will have to thin it down for scale modeling use.

I use liquitex airbrush medium and a touch of water for thinning, future also works well for thinning or creating a gloss surface.

it's readily available at hobby lobby, michaels,, most hobby/craft stores..it may even be available at Walmart,,
along with the airbrush medium , gloss and matt varnishes, most places carry liquitex products

the drawback is they don't make military colors ,, you will have to mix them yourself.(I kind of enjoy that part tho).

Thanks!! While I am out today, I will pick some up and give them a try on some scrap.

Latest posts

Back