Tamiya 1:48 Mitsubishi A6M5c Model 52 (Zeke)

aboynamedred

The only good system is a soundsystem
BJq19Hll.jpg

// Tamiya 1:48 Mitsubishi A6M5c Model 52 (Zeke) //

• This is my 9th model build overall and the second for 2016 • Color and decal placement has been followed in order • Dirt deposits, rust, leakages, exhaust stains, and paint chippings are faithfully recreated • Cockpit interior have been detailed in-depth • Paint scratches particularly in the wingtips and pilot walkway are emphasized thoroughly •

Color scheme:
• CPO Takeo "The Demon of Rabaul" Tanimizu, 303 Squadron/203 Flying Group, Kagoshima AB, June 1945

Date started: 24 February 2016
Date finished: 30 March 2016

Modifications:
• Engine coils and wirings, made from stretched sprues • Seatbelts, made from painted masking tape and aluminum wire

Paints used:
• Bosny Primer Grey
• Bosny Deep Green
• Bosny Flat Black
• Bosny Baltic White
• Bosny Clear
• Bosny Flat Clear
• Tamiya X-1 Black
• Tamiya X-2 White
• Tamiya X-4 Blue
• Tamiya X-7 Red
• Tamiya X-8 Lemon Yellow
• Tamiya X-11 Chrome Silver
• Tamiya X-22 Clear
• Tamiya XF-61 Dark Green
• Tamiya XF-86 Flat Clear
• Tamiya XF-71 Cockpit Green

Weathering:
• Brevillier's Cretacolor Oil Charcoal Extra Soft
• Brevillier's Cretacolor Sanguine (Terracotta)
• Tamiya Panel Accent Color Black

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOME BUILD AND COMPLETED PHOTOS:

xBEI3Ggl.jpg

hTNobeTl.jpg

qjfqHy0l.jpg

wqBFY7Ql.jpg

6pRY6Zyl.jpg

UCkBNXXl.jpg

ZSlblKkl.jpg

LwvQwsIl.jpg

xy8y3uAl.jpg

EQ3XV2Fl.jpg

dZ4OcC3l.jpg

rStLRcql.jpg

hb3wTbsl.jpg

UVQgmfjl.jpg

7KzfMGvl.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal Notes:
• I really like this kit despite its age. They call this a 'legend' amongst scale modelers for the amount of its detail considering when it was first made. And though it lacks the more detailed approach of later kits, it can't be beat for its price. It's inexpensive and fits perfectly. • I tried my hands on a 'worned out' weathering here and this is my first time to do it. I used a piece of sponge and semi-dried up chrome silver acrylic to reproduce the paint chipping. I think I overdid it. • I'd take note of all your feedback so please feel free to critique my work. Thank you. :) •

I think you have done a fantastic job on all of the details, and paint,..up until that sponging,... :-[
It takes away from everything else,..
Nice try, maybe if you wash it down with some dusty Grime,..not sure
Model On ... Cheers

Belugawrx said:
I think you have done a fantastic job on all of the details, and paint,..up until that sponging,... :-[
It takes away from everything else,..
Nice try, maybe if you wash it down with some dusty Grime,..not sure
Model On ... Cheers

Thank you! :) I'll keep that in mind next build.

Latest posts

Back