Tamiya 1:48 Mitsubishi A6M3 Model 32 (Hamp)

aboynamedred

The only good system is a soundsystem

// Tamiya 1:48 Mitsubishi A6M3 Model 32 (Hamp) //

• This is my 10th model build overall and the third for 2016 • Color and decal placement has been followed in order • Dirt deposits, rust, leakages, exhaust stains, and paint chippings are faithfully recreated • Cockpit interior have been detailed in-depth • Paint scratches particularly in the wingtips and pilot walkway are emphasized thoroughly •

Color scheme:
• 1st Tainan Fighter Group, Buna, East of New Guinea, 1942 - 1943.

Date started: 24 February 2016
Date finished: 19 April 2016

Modifications:
• Engine coils and wirings, made from stretched sprues • Seatbelts, made from painted masking tape and aluminum wire

Paints used:
• Bosny Primer Grey
• Bosny Gloss Black
• Bosny Baltic White
• Bosny Clear
• Bosny Flat Clear
• Tamiya X-1 Black
• Tamiya X-2 White
• Tamiya X-4 Blue
• Tamiya X-7 Red
• Tamiya X-8 Lemon Yellow
• Tamiya X-11 Chrome Silver
• Tamiya X-22 Clear
• Tamiya XF-61 Dark Green
• Tamiya XF-86 Flat Clear
• Tamiya XF-71 Cockpit Green

Weathering:
• Staedtler 4B Pencil
• Tamiya Panel Accent Color Black

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOME BUILD AND COMPLETED PHOTOS:

3h0dZish.jpg

NmeiK0fh.jpg

0bboBSNh.jpg

E9eqzXPh.jpg
/ Standing side-by-side with my previous A6M5 Model 52 build (left). /

QuE9hf3h.jpg

9CQybQ7h.jpg

R10rCBNh.jpg

6uCCUlhh.jpg

k7C9wkah.jpg
/ Post-shaded with a 4B pencil, smudged with a q-tip to simulate airbrush shading. /

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal Notes:

• After the disaster of my Mitsubishi A6M5 Model 52 build, I kept in mind all of your comments and suggestions here and other forums to correct my mistakes. Thank you! :) • There is however a major mistake that I did. And if you're familiar with zero fighters, you'd see it in an instant. I'm really ashamed of it. • Overall, I really like this kit. Like the previous zero fighter I built, this is an 'oldie' in the modeling community but it still fits right with only minimal sanding and filling. • Highly recommended kit for any skill level. • I'd like to hear your comments and suggestions below so feel free to critique my work. • Until next time. Thanks for reading. •​

Latest posts

Back