Tamiya 1/48 M6A1 Seiran

FW190A-8

This is my baby for the Group Build. I wanted to do something a bit different and I could think of nothing more "different" than an aircraft built to be deployed from a submarine by the IJN.
(Not sure if I had to post proof-of-date, so I have included a pic of my kit in front of Aces post of his engine from his Group Build Thread.)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Cool ..another floatplane ...suddenly I dont feel alone anymore ;D Nice kit Fw ,cantwait to see this one ...plenty of chips ;D

Chris.

A little Japanese Flair....very nice!! Looking forward to it!! ;)

Thanksguys.

Here is the progress thus far.
1. Thought I would get the floats done first. Here they are on the sprue.

2. Weight block added to just one of the floats.

3. Glued and seams sanded down

ps. Thanks for that Video link Chiefpettyofficer....no idea what they are saying but I enjoyed that link and all the other ones that go with it. cheers

Nice start John. I did a bit of research on this setup as I have a copy of the I-400 sub kit by Tamiya. This should be a fun kit for you to build!

Off to a great start. No need to proof of date....but that's cool just the same. This way you'll know when you started. :)

Thanks guys. Here is a bit more I got done today. Home-made harness. Did not want to do the PE thing this time round so I have to make do with the bits I have lying around here. The harness will receive a few washes to make it look a bit better. Anyhow, here it is none-the-less.
EDIT: Sorry for the quality. No camera...only iPhone...

that harness is tiny... my hellcat comes with some Photo etch harnesses... those are going to be the hard part.

Ah nifty. 8) I actually prefer tape/lead belts over PE. PE is just too thin, always unrandom, and 'crinkley' sometimes. (Even if you anneal it.) Where'd you get eyelets that small? I'm thinking if you wrapped them yourself you had some good wire and sharp cutters. Either way, nice work. The Seiran is an awesome plane. I built mine without the floats painted in U.S. markings as the kamikaze against the Panama Canal locks. Very interesting story, if you never read it.

I'd like to see more of this harness. I've scratched them for cars but haven't tried a plane yet.

Yowzaa, if that's how the belt turned out..., can't wait to see the rest! Amazing.

WOW !....tidy work on the harness :eek: Looking forward to the rest of it !

Chris.

Latest posts

Back