Tamiya 1/35 PBR Mk. II Patrol Boat River Diorama

jetjock

This was my first shot at trying a water based diorama. I am still a newb at painting figures so they tend to have that zombie look! ;D

imgp0839.jpg

imgp0842.jpg

imgp0854.jpg

imgp0857.jpg

imgp0870.jpg

imgp0864.jpg

imgp0877.jpg

Unbelievable! Wow the bar is being set pretty high around here.........

Great work!

your guys look great, very intense. And once again that water looks sweet. For your first time you made that look easy.

Very good diorama there my friend. Great muddy water.

As for constructive criticism, you could add more dense foliage to the riverbank, especially understory mangrove which encroaches over the river itself.

Chas

Jetjock! Wow man. Great scene. Welcome to the forums. Lite drinks - lol and cassette tapes. Nice touch. I'm sure both were with those guys.

Cool subject for a diorama.
Are those splashes from gun fire at the rear side of the boat? If so it adds something special.
I can only hope my 1st shot at recreating water is as realistic.

Joolz.

;D ;D We Have a winner ;D ;D
Hey just checked out promodeller's latest video and I see the winner is U? :eek:
Is this true?
Joolz ;D

Reply from Ross*
Yes, that is the build I also posted some photos of here. I was surprised and honored that it was selected considering the other great builds that were done. The entire build thread is posted at Promodeller.com if you are a forum member.

Thanks for noticing.

Ross*

Check out the latest video blog Here http://www.promodeller.com/promodellers-news/
Well done Ross, Congratulations Joolz

Really great diarama!! The piece looks very realistic. I love the bullet hitting the water...really cool! My wife thinks your gunner looks exactly like Ernest Borgnine. Fantastic job! I saw this kit in the HS about 6 months ago...should have bought it.

Static.

Latest posts

Back