Tamiya 1/35 Panther Ausf.A

wyoroy

Here's the old Tamiya Panther Ausf.A. I started it a few months back. I closed off the open underside, added wire handles, drilled out the exhaust, and replaced the tow cobles with picture frame wire. I kept the end of the cables and drilled them out to take the wire.

Tamiya1-35PantherausfA.jpg

PantherAusfA001.jpg

PantherAusfA002.jpg

PantherAusfA003.jpg

PantherAusfA004.jpg

PantherAusfA005.jpg

PantherAusfA006.jpg

PantherAusfAbottom001.jpg

PantherAusfA010.jpg

PantherAusfA011.jpg

PantherAusfA012.jpg

PantherAusfA013.jpg

PantherAusfA014.jpg

PantherAusfA015.jpg

PantherAusfA017.jpg

PantherAusfA018.jpg

I gave it a primer coat and preshaded with Model Master enamel Burnt Umber #2005. the base coat is also MM enamels. I used MM Afrika Braun #2102 for this.

TamiyaPantherPreshading.jpg

PantherBaseColorAfrikaBraun005.jpg

PantherBaseColorAfrikaBraun003.jpg

PantherBaseColorAfrikaBraun004.jpg

Here's the paint scheme I want to finsih it in. It's from a Panther in the Grossdeutschland Div.

PanzerGrenaderDivisionGrossdeutchland.jpg

Nice work! Wish I had added the extras to the Tamy Ausf A I'm working on now.

Thanks, I wish I could do your paint job ;) This is only my 6th armor build and may very well be the 3rd to get finish.

Roy this will be Cracking if you can pull that paint job off

Thanks Spud. I have been thinking alot on how to do just that. Perhaps too much :-\

I'm thinking of some kind of mask. Possible help a bit from the surface to give it a soft edge vs a hard edge. Any suggestions would be great.

NICE .. no.. lovely works ....

btw, that is quit a old kit .. dang .. I would going mental if I have to build that

I would do it with masking tape Roy it would be the easiest way I think

Spud, thanks. That's going to be my first attempt. I should have some time this week to get some painting done. I'll post pictures of my progress.

Wow nice build, this will look fantastic!
Btw I'm borrowing that tow cable trick ;D

Zappa

Latest posts

Back