Talos down

Grendels

Well this is my entry to the post apocalypse build. The model itself was built up 15 to 18 years ago. A real shelf queen. Got it primered and just stopped working on it.

My intent is to build a diorama with two groups of soldiers fighting between the arms of a long ago fallen Talos fighting mech.

This will be my first trial with the hairspray method of paint chipping and my first run with rusting out something. Should be fun!

The model itself is an old Revel kit from their Robotech Defenders series which was released back in the 80's. If my memory serves I build the kit back about 1992 then put it on a shelf.

Here is the first video:

Time for Rust: Part 1 intro.

Thoughts and comments are welcome!

Looking good.

On a side note, As I'm sure you will notice the colour of alclads depends a lot on the base coat underneath, as you used pure black on the mercury 9 steel turned very dark, but if you either used a lighter colour or painted a few more layers of steel it would brighten up considerably.

If you check my Delta Plus from the group build, his inner frame is painted alclad steel and is much lighter. I used a mix of surfacer and black 3:1 more or less, as a basecoat on that guy. I also have posted before my Age-2 build who also has steel inner frame and had just regular surfacer gray beneath and as a result the shade of steel is even lighter.

I am going to make some color cards for the alclad's using white, gray, brown, and black colors as the base to I can get a good idea of what they look like. This is on the to do list for sometime in the next week or two.

Thanks for the comment!

Latest posts

Back