Takom King Tiger Initial

urumomo

Let's try a post on the new SMA ,
These photos are mainly for the base ,, as soon as the weather clears here I'll get some more shots of the KT from the sides and ends .
uyNK7au.jpg
PD6gZnB.jpg
NTj9rU9.jpg
BKP6wIk.jpg
qjXKmv4.jpg
1pwNd24.jpg
3BhyTB6.jpg
og5xYRq.jpg
NH3eQ3T.jpg
oNmRU90.jpg
rSQbr9Z.jpg

Thanks , Q !
Cool that the site is back up .
I have been checking on and off since the initial evaporation . Thanks again to Wrx for the info over on Bryan's maschinenkrueger.com Forum .
He told me in one of my threads over there ,, ; I made a new post over there with the news so everyone sees it .

Thanks , Dean .
I lost yours and John's contact info , so was hoping MAYBE I'd see one of ya'll at the last Modelmania , April 27th
I finally entered a couple of builds this time around .

Thanks ! , wrx
Ho ho - I have more time in that stupid base than in the KT .
It took me a while to get the color right . I think I need to do some more work with the grass -- add some finer blades and maybe shorten some of the smaller clumps . Maybe some more pigment application .
That's all aluminum wire BTW .

Just home .. seeing it on a laptop is completely better,my god that looks like a heavy bugger
Well done weathering that beast brother

Thanx !

I'm kinda bummed my entire Modern Snacks thread is gone .
A big chunk of the Huffinstrasse thread didn't make it , ,, LOL , just glad it's back

Thanks , man :)
Yeah - no interior ... LOL , it has no gun breech even .
I had to mount a " breech " , weighted plastic tube-stock , to counter-balance the aluminum barrel . ... and then add weight to the turret to keep it sitting properly .

I'm working on the one with the interior currently . Be doing a deep cutaway with it . Cutting through the wheels and radiators , ammo etc .

Hadn't thought about the weight of the barrel. Good fix. I've got the one with the Porsche turret in the stash. Opened the box, thought "OMG", put the top back on and put it in the stash. Maybe one day when I feel adventurous.

I added this plastic tube filled with tiny lead shot and Aves Apoxie Scuplt , but it wasn't enough so I added the nut .
Then I added that lead shot and epoxy to the aft portion of the turret then more up front to keep it sitting correctly .
LOL , the turret with gun now weights 141.55 grams ; just over 5 ounces .

Eq8mQ5J.jpg

What kit are you talking about that you're not ready to do yet ?
The Takom KT with interior ?
This one ? -- It's one I'm working on now ... I'll start a thread on it soon :

MeewQnx.jpg

So I just came across these pix that were never posted here .
Uploaded to Imgur a long time ago though :

i7EfRLz.jpgcaZzQ1b.jpgTzhRwgS.jpg4Kidah7.jpgQyayQEg.jpgXFkWHq3.jpgGokgKaI.jpgoP3HlnA.jpg

Last edited:
Probably didn't like them since this was before I understood what the aperture control was for :D

tdqCo5n.jpgGCGur5m.jpgHsALR4E.jpgCAjNRQY.jpgXoHno2O.jpgEFAccfI.jpgfLIX0bS.jpgYWJdbKb.jpg
hInuQmk.jpg

IiSoitB.jpg
SG9jpzt.jpg

.... and the color balance is off on some of them .
I had just switched to using a new digital camera from using a cellphone camera .

Those rear tow shackles aren't hanging vertical , so that's annoying .

Last edited:
Thanks , man .
I don't know why I didn't upload these before , Imgur says they were uploaded 4 years ago , lol .
I assume I didn't like the out of focus portions and maybe those tow shackles , white balance ... who knows
When I stumbled upon them this morning I figured ' meh ' , they don't look that bad .
Those first photos at the top of the thread , taken in sunlight , show the true color .

Latest posts

Back