T2 - Aerial Hunter Killer Machine --- COMPLETED ...

strokemondeo

Well ..... went out n bought one ......

4_181207_zpsggscwbk_edit_1412444564586_zpsz7hyjvxb.jpg

plus I went and bought a few little extras for the model too ......

20141004_181425_zpsdkmw0hak.jpg

so this is gonna be my fall build :D

Re: T2 - Aerial Hunter Killer Machine

I look forward to seeing what you do with this

very nice looking forward to seeing more of the build

Ooooh this looks like a cool build, looking forward to seeing this one!

Thanks guy's ,
Iv'e just ordered some optic fiber and some more LED's and resisters gonna add a few more little tricks . I'll see how far I can go with the model till the other parts arrive , I'm gonna experiment with the Nav light's as I've seen they are on front and rear of the tail sponsons ( hense the fiber optics ) .
I'm eager to start and the model is screaming .....START ME .... START ME ;D

I will keep you posted .

Saw this kit at my LHS the other day and thought it looked pretty cool! Looking forward to the lights!

Very cool. I ordered one of these just last week. Can't wait to see how yours goes.

Here's a quick video to show where I'm up to , I'm waiting for the delivery of some more LED's and some fiber optics so I'm on hold for the min ......

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN37-yqG66U&list=UU3PCO_NZpKi3TtmJHdbyJGw[/youtube]

nice looking kit
may have to look into buying it
and have dropped you a sub as well

Well .... the fiber optic 2mm came today which fits like a treat ....

20141008_111431_zpsx43dn8xu.jpg

The next problem is how I tackle suppling the light from my LED in the wing through the fiber optic , I was going to bend the optics to 90 degrees and run them back to back to form a capital T shape but the end of the wings aren't wide enough to support the optics running inside ? I can channel them a little and hopefully this will allow my original idea .
I do have a back up idea to test .... I have a theory to try out ... if it works I shall share with you all .

Result .... it works .
my idea was to carve a 90 degree wedge from the main optic and run a single optic that has 90 degree wedge on the end , marry the 2 together to for the " T " shape ....

20141008_230335_zps29lv7gsm.jpg

when I tested the " T " shape with the light shining up the single upright the result works , it supplies light to both ends of the upright ...

20141008_231020_zps9asd2bc4.jpg

The above image has the " T " shape held horizontally so you can see the light shining from one of the ends ,it does shine out of both so that gives me the option of one LED giving 2 light ports .
I don't know if anybody has already tested this theory with optics ? but it does work ;D

Great idea that, as right angles were something I did not think was possible with optics.
I just didn't think it through and use 2 joined like that.

I also have the kit on the shelf waiting to be built so ill be checking back on this regularly

Cheers WebbyNZ ,
I just thought about it but didn't know if it would work as well as I needed it to but the light really does pass through the joints .

Here's a quick video to update , I apologize for the lack of audio , for some reason the program I use has decided to cease letting me render MP3's ?
I'm stuck waiting for the resistors ...... aaarrrgghhh dang it Ebay !!!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ebaxe1cU7E&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Update ......
Hi guy's . I smashed on over the weekend got all the LED's wired up an run through the syand into the base , I checked my wiring for any shorts before attaching the top .
I now need to paint the Hunter and the stand ...also the base but I need to widen the base so that I can fit the Battery in there . I have took photo's n was gonna put a video together but my Laptop has fallen out with me and doesn't want to turn on !
I'll try to upload a few pics in a couple of hours .... I'll borrow works computer ;)

Latest posts

Back