T-55A

MrT

My new project is a Russian T-55A by Tamiya. I am doing this for the benefit cancer build running on Modelers Alliance and there is a time limit. I have from now until January 31 to complete the build so wish me luck. I have already made some progress. The wheels are done and I have started putting the photo etch on the lower hull. Here are some progress shots and thanks for looking in.

Terry 8)

DSC08214.jpg

DSC08216.jpg

DSC08218.jpg

DSC08223.jpg

DSC08224.jpg

DSC08225.jpg

DSC08226.jpg

;D

oh this will be nice, is the verlinden set the Etch?

spud said:
oh this will be nice, is the verlinden set the Etch?

Verlinden and Eduard. Kinda need parts from both to do the whole thing.

Thanks!

Still one of the best T-55 kits on the market. Off to a great start with the PE. Can't wait for say, Trumpeter to come out with a new T-55 kit....indi links, pe etc.

scratchmod said:
Still one of the best T-55 kits on the market. Off to a great start with the PE. Can't wait for say, Trumpeter to come out with a new T-55 kit....indi links, pe etc.

How about AFV or Dragon!

Thanks

;D

Not much bench time last night, but some stuff got done. Got the exhaust done. I realized that I needed to get the tracks done before doing any more PE. I purchased Trumpeters individual track links to replace the kit rubber band tracks. They look really nice, but they have to be glued together. I am using Tamiya liquid cement to assembly the track and they are going together pretty good. Here are a couple pictures. More later.

Terry

DSC08227.jpg

DSC08228.jpg

Worked 3 hours and never got off the left rear fendor. And still got the handle wrong on that rear box. Here is what things look like.

Terry

DSC08231.jpg

DSC08232.jpg

DSC08233.jpg

DSC08234.jpg

I set to work painting the wheels and tracks on the side that is complete. First I painted everything Nato Black.

DSC08245.jpg

Then starting with Black Green working my way to a Yellow green I painted and shaded the wheels.

DSC08248.jpg

DSC08249.jpg

I then went back and highlighted bolt heads and high points with Yellow Green.

DSC08251.jpg

To tone everything down I applied an Olive Green oil wash. When the wash dried I dry brushed everything with light olive oil paint. Tracks were finished with Model Master Exhaust and then dry brushed with silver.

DSC08255.jpg

DSC08256.jpg

DSC08257.jpg

DSC08258.jpg

There is still some weathering still to happen toward the end, but this a good place to stop. Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Terry

love the colour of the wheels t youve nailed the weathered look,,and the handle looks fine to me bud

Damn how can you paint with the tracks in place?????? looks Fantastic tough :D

Latest posts

Back