T-20 Komsomolets w/ 37mm Pak

Next update.
mp9002.jpg
Basecoat is 95% done. Added the entrance hatch(scratch). Finally found the kit's horn...curse you
Carpet Monster!
mp9003.jpg
Also got some decals on it, and added the kit rear fenders(thinned down a bit).
mp9006.jpg
Started work on a crew for this beasty(major conversions of Tamiya figs).
mp9007.jpg
Another view of the crew. Still have plenty more to do. Thanks. Bill

That horn Makes the kit! Looks like another gun, it's so big. AAROO-GAA....BANG!

Rob W.

I have never seen that kit! Awesome job Panzerman! Those figs will make the kit stand out, although I think it's an eye catcher just being an odd kit!

Thanks guys, she's really coming along nicely. Finished up the basecoat, and added a scratchbuilt fire
extinguisher for the right fender. Here's some pics...................................
m1001.jpg
m1002.jpg
m1003.jpg
m1005.jpg
Next up is weathering, crew, and base. See you in a bit. Bill
PS; @merseajohn, yes, this lil beasty is hand painted.

Time for a much belated update. I'm about half way through weathering....done the wash, drybrush,
and dot filtering. Still have to chip, rust, and dust.
models031.jpg
models032.jpg
models033.jpg
models035.jpg
Once the weathering id done, I'll put a gun crew on the Komsomolets. Hope you enjoy. Bill

Panzerman,

what a class subject to choose, its so cool looking !

cant wait to see how crew turn out

great job mate

Thanks Spud, Longlance67, and Grendels. Appreciated fellows. Having lots of fun doing the finishing.
The build nears the end. Finished the weathering(rust, dust, and chipped). Made the crew from the spares
box(Tamiya figs with minor conversion). Added a shovel and spare track sections to the Komsomolets. Stowage
came next...tarps, boxes, ammo boxes, and gas can. Ready rounds and spent rounds were placed on-vehicle.
Some pics..................................
k1001.jpg
k1003.jpg
k1004.jpg
k1005.jpg
k1007.jpg
Last thing to do is place this wierd little hybrid on a base. Comments welcomed. Thanks for viewing. Bill

Bill - that is one very cool tiny little tank. You took a :p build and turned it into a :) build.

The build is finished. Made a base...normal set-up...styrofoam, wood putty, Woodland scenics stuff, lichen/moss,
etc. Used some ancient Heller battle field accessories, sandbags, wood poles, oil drum, etc. to set the scene.
Finally added a driver fig doing some surveying with binoculars(multi-part conversion). I'm happy with the result.
Comments are always appreciated. Thanks. Bill
gamma5018.jpg
gamma5012.jpg
gamma5013.jpg
gamma5015.jpg
gamma5016.jpg
gamma5009.jpg

Latest posts

Back