T-20 Komsomolets w/ 37mm Pak

PANZERMAN

My Karma ran over my Dogma.
This build has languished on my bench since NOV. 2011. Admitably the reason for its "unfinishability" is the fact
that it's such a marginal kit requiring Herculanian effort to get decent. Well, now the gloves come off, I dive into
my parts/styrene boxes and polish this "Bleep" into a gem. Chunky construction, misaligned moldings, near
non-existant surface details, and broken parts are all characteristic of this kit. I like a challenge.

mp1014.jpg
mp1016.jpg
mp1017.jpg
mp1018.jpg
Thanks for viewing. Hope you enjoy. Comments, pointers, and/or critiques are welcomed. Bill

Perfect bills to bring to this GB Panzerman. It sucks when things don't progress and build up he way that you thinks they should. I don't know a thing about armor, but I think it's kind of a cool looking vehical.

spud said:
thats a weid looking yoke..

So what's a yoke normally look like? You say yoke and I think eggs, or the thing you put around an ox's neck.

@JMac, thanks, should prove to be an interesting build.
@spud, "yoke?"
Latest update. The few reference pics I've found shows the German varient has a hatch cut into the left side hull.
Decided to do a scratchbuilt interior behind that hatch. Some photos..............
mp1022.jpg
mp1023.jpg
As per reference photos, made an interior out of styrene and spares.
mp1026.jpg
Upper hull showing the cut hatch and interior detailing.
mp1028.jpg
Remade leaf springs on boagie assemblies. Kit part mishaped.
mp1029.jpg
Bottom of hull with beefed-up boagie attatchment points, wheel posts, and fender plating.
That's it for now. More to come. Bill

Moving along on the "Shelf Queen". Got the interior painted up and ready to be joined together.
Some pics..............................
mp1031.jpg
mp1032.jpg
mp1033.jpg
mp1034.jpg
mp1035.jpg
Next up is the suspension. More to follow. Thanks for viewing. Comments? Bill

More progress from the front. Got the hull halves together, and now working on the suspension.
The real trick will be the individual link tracks...looks aweful fiddly.
Some update pics..............................................................................
mp2014.jpg
mp2015.jpg
mp2017.jpg
mp2019.jpg
Comments welcomed. Bill

JMac said:
Perfect bills to bring to this GB Panzerman. It sucks when things don't progress and build up he way that you thinks they should. I don't know a thing about armor, but I think it's kind of a cool looking vehical.

spud said:
thats a weid looking yoke..

So what's a yoke normally look like? You say yoke and I think eggs, or the thing you put around an ox's neck.

lol Yoke = thing

pzman thats looking mighty Fine

Thanks spud. Hope you took no offense at my question on your vernacular....."yoke". Never heard
that expression before...now I get it. Your right ...it is a funny looking yoke.
Thanks for checking out my build...appreciate it greatly. Bill

Looks like your a glutton for punishment with this build!

Seriously though you've got some patience and some skill, great work on a poor kit

I heard poor quality kit and had to take a look. For a while that was all I did build.

Nice work so far.

:eek: You have a lot of courage to undertake such a kit !!!!

I like your improvements !!! I like the details you have added...

Keep up the good work !

Norm.

Update to the Komsomolets..................................................................
mp4007.jpg
Individual link tracks going together.......tedious work, but worth it.
mp4002.jpg
Little extra carving and fitting needed to get track around drive sprocket.
mp4010.jpg
Liquid cement gives the right amount of bond strength and workability to form around suspension.
mp4011.jpg
mp4013.jpg
Tracks all on and "sag" looking good.
mp4016.jpg
Now work starts on the Pak 37mm gun. Thanks for viewing. Comments? Bill

That's quite the undertaking. You've gone above and beyond the call of duty on this one. Fantastic job on the interior!

Rob W.

Updateski, comradski.
mp5001.jpg
Originally I canabalized the gun from this kit, so I replaced with a Dragon 37mm gun. Used the resin
upgrade pieces that came with kit.
mp5002.jpg
Another view with the resin kit parts.
mp5005.jpg
Additional detailing....front tow eyes, tow cable wrap points, AT gun mounting, and crew railing added.
mp5006.jpg
Rear detailing.......tow pintel and spare roadwheel added.
mp5011.jpg
All parts together.... next up PAINT.
mp5010.jpg
All that's left is to make the entry hatch for the left side. Thanks for viewing. Comments??? Bill

Looking sweet Brother! I love seeing unusual subjects. Can only take so many Jagd-what-evers and "Cat" tanks.

Rob W.

Latest posts

Back