Sugestion: Hall of Fame

Solander

Hey, guys, I've been just watching through the entries of the last 2010 Big Spring Contest, to have some good memories and charge up my mojo for modeling, and have got an idea.
What about making a so to say Hall of Fame section, as, for ex., I don't remember now all the victory entries of the last year (yeah, I know that there was a video devoted to it, but still)
I have several visions of how that may look:
1) The victorious models are highlighted right in the "View entries" page.
2) there is a distinguished page in the "CONTESTS" menu, where all the award wining members are presented with their nickname, an avatar or a photo and the name of their model and the place and category it has won.
3) I'd call that "medals" A small icon looking like a medal, which is located under the member's avatar and nickname in each post (where the level of his addiction is indicated). It's color indicates the winning place (gold, silver, bronze), and when placing cursor over it a small tip appears of which category and which winning model it was. Each year's Contest might have a special personal look of medal. Besides, members who didn't win, but still managed to get with their model to the end may get a black-and-white model two, as a participant, with the description of which category and with what model they have been participating.
In time that medal stuff can be applied also for the group builds, as, as far I can see, their already going to be LOTs of awesome GB this fall.
Well, that's the point.
P.S: cool new "shocked" smile, like it :) A "thumbs up" would be great to.

Even something like they have over at Starship Modeller; after a contest has concluded, the gallery for that contest lists the first, second, third, and the editors picks.

Solander said:
Yes, I've tried to express right that system that by the number 1

Sorry Solander. I was just trying to give an example that number of forum members would recognize.

JMac said:
Solander said:
Yes, I've tried to express right that system that by the number 1

Sorry Solander. I was just trying to give an example that number of forum members would recognize.

Don't apologizes, please, JMac! I'm really glad that You've support my idea. I just know, that sometimes I'am really not good at expressing something on my ming in English, so decided just to specify what I meant by that strange "highlighting" :)

It is a good idea and one that I will work on as soon as we have this years results.

I'll do the same for last years too.

:)

Latest posts

Back