STYNYLREZ Primers.

Eagle-1

LOL , after posting my last reply to Eagle-1 , I scooped up the 3 bottles of it I have on the shelf - which I had moved to the back behind everything else -- and moved them to one of the refrigerators . Never too late to take one's own advice ;)

You know what they say, "If'n ya' want somethin' done right..."

urumomo

" You know what they say, "If'n ya' want somethin' done right..." "
Hire someone that knows what they're doing !

Marktastrophe

" You know what they say, "If'n ya' want somethin' done right..." "
Hire someone that knows what they're doing !
I have a slew of home projects that wouldn't exist if the previous home owner would've followed THIS adage, lol

That being said, I'm going to hire for at least some of them, lol.

Eagle-1

Ok boys...

I would say Stynylrez will absolutely get the job did. This is the GRAY I showed earlier mixed 10 parts Stynylrez with 1 part Mr. Color 400
Leveling Thinner just to mainly slow down the cure and not so much for the viscosity thinning. I wanted to slow it down a little strictly because the detail on this Moebius Battlestar Galactica is very tiny. I've been worried about ruining all this work during the painting process, but I have NO concerns about that anymore.

I am pleasantly pleased with these results.
DSCN0467.jpg DSCN0461.jpg DSCN0462.jpg DSCN0463.jpg DSCN0464.jpg DSCN0466.jpg

What's y'all's opinion?

Eagle-1

What's in the 400 leveling thinner ?

2-propanol
isobutyl alcohol
Ethanol
2-btoxy

There's several more on the bottle Mr. urumomo, but theres a indication by each set of a couple like this one label gets used on many bottles? Like T103, T104 Mr. Color Thinner 2-propanol isobutyl alcohol Ethanol 2-btoxy.

Eagle-1

Another hurdle with this would be, does it suck down tighter after it's cured and can you tape it?

Sucks down pretty good after only 12 hours and that SHOULD get even better. Y'all know what I mean by "suck down", right? What I'm talking about would be that it... I don't know how to describe it... shows the details a little better and appear thinner than it does just after painting? Anyway, it's doing just fine in my opinion.

DSCN0468.jpg

For this test, another important one "in my opinion". I'm testing this a little too soon for my liking, but even this should improve with more time. I mainly use "3M Blue Painters Tape" and "FROG" brand tape, mostly sticking to 3M Blue. FROG can grab pretty good and I don't use as much of it as 3M JUST because it's a good chance it'll pull paint off.

This pleases me.

DSCN0470.jpg
DSCN0471.jpg

I smashed 'em down fairly good on both and run my finger over both several times as can be seen by the detail lumps showing through the tape. I eased both off like you're suppose to remove tape and smooshed it back on and YANKED it off. Both sticky sides are in the pictures. I got 'er zoomed in pretty good and y'all can see, not one speck. Now, we all know, there'll be a time it will come off with tape. After only 12 hours of cure, these results are promising though.

Next, does it sand and does that area feather.

Promising results there too which I know will improve with time.

DSCN0469.jpg
DSCN0472.jpg

Latest posts