STUG III G/M with deep wading muffler Funk Lenk 301st from Normandy

panzerace007

Here's the Cyberhobby/Dragon STUG III G/M mit deep wading muffler. I set it belonging to the 301st Funk Lenk division when They were back in France for R & R when th Normandy Invasion took place They got linked up with II SS Panzer Corps. I modeled it after a picture I found ... although it's tough to see some of th detail ... There are 27 Panzer Grenadiers riding on th STUG ! lol

I painted it with Tamiya colors, I scratched the spare track holders on th Glasis with some scrape P.E. fret. The Canvas cover is made from part of the wrapper of a Klondike Bar - the Heath Bar version, as that wrapper has texture on it !! I also added a schurtzen set from Voyager !! I weathered it with Windsor & Newton's raw umber & MIG's European Dust.

From the picture I modeled the broken spare track bracket on th Bow of th STUG, The Decals are from Bison's set for the Funk Lenk division.

DSC07203.jpg

DSC07206.jpg

DSC07209.jpg

DSC07205.jpg

DSC07209.jpg

DSC07207.jpg

DSC07208.jpg

panzer104.jpg

panzer103.jpg
Here are th 2 pictures where I found th Inspiration !

ERIK

Re: STUG III G/M with deep wading muffler Funl Lenk 301st from Normandy

Very Nice.... 8)
I've always wanted to do a dio just like the photograph but the 27 figures scares me.

Re: STUG III G/M with deep wading muffler Funl Lenk 301st from Normandy

Thanx for th kind words !! YEAH, I haven't even tried to assemble th 27 figures needed. Maybe one day ! lol

ERIK

Latest posts

Back