Stuck in a rut

WigWag Workshop

"Keep The Glue On The Styrene"
Good Day Folks!

Hope all has been well! I have been stuck in a rut, I am able to get the build completed, and top coat painted, but I just can't seem to get to the next level - "Weathering". Not sure if I am afraid, or just overwhelmed, and not knowing where to start. I must say, I am truly inspired be the works here, and I appreciate everyone that takes the time to share. Just wanted to share whats on my mind, also wanted to offer an apology for not commenting has much on the inspiring builds.

8746183308_e59dbae5cb.jpg

8746191846_88e2b09619.jpg

-Steven

The best place to start is refrence look at pictures of the real thing. Know were the real thing weathers more and how heavy. Next is were the thing is deployed diffrent areas give u diffrent weathering. As for doing it on the model. Play around with diffrent materials and get a feel for them. Weathering is like any other part of the hobby practice practice practice. Good luck and i hope to see some off your weathering soon :)

Waethering was a big hurdle for me at one time, too.
Finally, I took a kit and just started experimenting. Started with using weashes and went from there.

Quaralane said:
Finally, I took a kit and just started experimenting. Started with using weashes and went from there.

Thats what i did and it really helps ;D

Quaralane said:

Exactly, just take the build you are the least happy with at this point, and go for it, you can't do anything wrong, and you can always strip the paint and finish and have another go at it. There is no wrong or right way, and it will give you even more excuses to buy more goodies ;D

Don't be afraid to experiment

I have yet to get deep into weather but a good tip given to me was to head to the local dollar shop and buy a toy plastic tank/plane or something similar and experiment on that, just make sure you chuck a coat of primer or similar paint to what ya finished kit has if you are worked about any chemical reactions.

Only one way to learn brother. Dive in! And if you somehow manage to make a complete mess of it always remember: you can always build another one, and you know it will look better! ;D

You cannot learn without making a mistake. And that is the truth of it. So jump in and give it a try!

Others have given you the advice you need to get started.

Latest posts

Back