Still in the Game - RX-77-2 Gun Cannon

Thanks Scott!! There is a course of chipping slated for this!!! ;)

Thank you John!!! ;)

Well, I could not miss the chance to mock this up before painting just to see....

9-32.jpg

9-33.jpg

9-35.jpg

Getting dismantled this morning and setting up for the booth....this may take some time!!

Thanks for checking in on me!!

So.... this is looking pretty kewl!
Are you going to give him the standard color scheme?
Looks like you're really going to town on it!
Good Job!!!
;)

Thanks a bunch Mike!! I will try and adhere to the color scheme form the box art as well as the series. Might be a couple sways "off center" so to speak but nothing too crazy. ;)

It almost looks like it was cast. Gotta love the Alclad paints. I think I need to get some of those metal effect colors for mine.

Thanks G!!! All the burnt effect stuff is great and you only need a couple drops to do stuff so the little jar lasts for ever!! ;)

TRM said:
Thanks G!!! All the burnt effect stuff is great and you only need a couple drops to do stuff so the little jar lasts for ever!! ;)

Ordering it up tomorrow.

The result is amazing, it's hard to tell it's a 1/144 model... Maybe the absence or articulation in the chest but GREAT WORK !

The chiping effect will be done with the hairspray method ?
Or maybe some different quality of paints ?
I experienced something by the way that may work it the Alclad support Essence F (Zippo fluid) and Enamel paints. All you need is some vinylic paints (Mine is Prince August, some times ago it was the same thing as Vallejo but I may be wrong).

TRM said:
Nice John!!! If this is for you build, you may need a case!! :eek:

That is the idea, I would love to give the old RX-78-2's beam cannon the same treatment. Plus my guy has some metallic parts on the hands and a few other places. Alclad is the way for that.

Thanks Youli!! Hairspray...yup! Paints...Mix from Tamiya, K4 maybe some Vallejo.

John - That will look real fine. Picking out all the different detail like Chris paints his bike engines ;D I suppose most anything is possible with these1 ;)

Thank you very much GP!! All in the Alcad I would have to say. If I didn't have you guys to show me how one of these was built, I would have glued the whole thing together and tried to paint it as one piece!! LOL!!!

I did get some paint down and some chipping last night (no time for pics...later). It is a bit darker than the box art and will lighten up a bit with the weathering...I think I kind of like it though!! I will snag a couple pics tonight and get them up!! ;)

TRM said:
Thanks Youli!! Hairspray...yup! Paints...Mix from Tamiya, K4 maybe some Vallejo.

John - That will look real fine. Picking out all the different detail like Chris paints his bike engines ;D I suppose most anything is possible with these1 ;)

I plan on doing the Gun first. No moving parts and it should be a quick build. The Alclad will be here on Tuesday. The gun has a lot of details, so I can really get down on the paint. I am also thinking of lighting it up a bit. We will see once I take a look at the directions.

Looking forward to the pics!

Can't wait to see you have at that gun John!! I will keep an eye open for the update!!

OK just about there I think. I have a bunch of weathering still to do but the basics are done for the moment and only a couple of touch-ups here and there.

gundamUpdatesA10.jpg

gundamUpdatesA11.jpg

gundamUpdatesA16.jpg

gundamUpdatesA3.jpg

Still thinking about the base and will work something out at some point. For now, on to some weathering!!

Thanks for tuning in!!

Agreed! Never seen a Gundam done up this way. Looks good! I think that you knowing nothing about them is a bonus. If you did, I don't think you would have taken it this way.

Latest posts

Back