Steampunk Walking Tank

I found SMA at Ampseast and know some of the guys so It looks like this is my new posting site.
Inclosed are a few pics of my new build. It's part walker and part landship, and a little Brittish
Independence tank. Comments welcome.

DSC_3040_zpseb8a32eb.jpg

DSC_3042_zpsa96cc0b1.jpg

DSC_3043_zps63d2347a.jpg

DSC_3051_zps94820321.jpg

DSC_3052_zpsfca4c73a.jpg

Regard Markus the tool breaker

Hey texaslobo,
I'm a tool & die maker with 26 years in the field. Everything on this model is scratch built so far.
I am going to try to make just about all of it myself.

I'm following this one. Looks impressive so far ;D

Got a sketch of the overall design so we can see what you're going for?

Oh this looks like fun there Markus!! Bring it on!! Might want to make these removable and have them cast in resin afterwards...keeping the alloy version for yourself! The APMSEast show was awesome!! Something like would have been a great addition to the show!! At the rate you are going, I will be looking for this at next years show!!! :)

Very cool! I wish I could mill parts in metal. What size or scale will this be, by the time you've finished?

And welcome to SMA!

I'm glad that you folks seem to like it. Here are a few more pics to hold your interest.
I've been thinking about the paint and am of two minds about it. The first is a three tone
camo outlined in black , very WWIish. The other would be to paint it to look like cast iron.
Your comments and suggestions are always welcome.

DSC_3076_zps1e4a7482.jpg

DSC_3079_zpsf5c4e621.jpg

DSC_3090_zpsed49a03c.jpg

DSC_3081_zpsb9f66e0d.jpg

This pretty insane, in a real good way.

Making a few good molds for those parts and turning this into a kit would be awesome, I know a few guys who buy this. Like me for starters. lol

Thanks for the comments guys. It's good to be back online. We have been having a bit of fun with Sandy
coming ashore. I live about 60 miles northeast of NYC and thing got a little interesting the past few days.
Well I've made some progress and here it is

DSC_3330.jpg

DSC_3257.jpg

DSC_3235-Copy.jpg

DSC_3247-Copy.jpg

DSC_3231-Copy.jpg

"You got leg's Lt. Dan!!" LOL!!! Excellent work here Markus!! Those leg's look awesome!!! ;)

Latest posts

Back