StarWarsGeek's custom action figures

starwarsgeek

Decided to post a few of my custom action figures. These are all mostly 1:18 scale, 3.75" figures. I started out doing mostly Star Wars (duh!) but since I lost my job and began taking on commission work full time, I've definitely broadened my scope. I've done GI Joe, Marvel Universe, HALO, and more. Characters from films, comics, video games, and even characters that were just made up in my head, or in my buyers' heads. Here are a few:

001.jpg

rhen1.jpg

newgree1.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

indydc.jpg

001.jpg

budo01.jpg

005.jpg

001.jpg

001.jpg

kal04.jpg

bat04.jpg

This one is a Gentle Giant maquette statue that I re-painted:

arc2.jpg

blue7.jpg

Well, let me know what you think.

Awesome creativity. I like.

Which ones did you dream up yourself btw?

all i can say is wow! please for the love of all things post up some tutorials about how you make these. I want to make action figures so bad.

Thanks for all the kind words, fellas!

Chas said:
Awesome creativity. I like.

Which ones did you dream up yourself btw?

Well, these were created entirely by me:

rhen1.jpg

003.jpg

budo01.jpg

These, there are some text descriptions, but nothing visual:

kal04.jpg

001.jpg

And this Batman, I was asked to create a Batman in Cyber Armor, and this is what I came up with:

bat04.jpg

One pic I forgot to post of Batman:

bat03.jpg

His backpack opens into a glider of some kind.

Shark said:
Way cool! What parts do you make from scratch? What do you use?

Well, for these the only parts that I've made from scratch were some of the smaller accessories and some of the sculpted armor. I use Fixit Sculpt for sculpting, and for other fabrications I'll use just about anything, but usually styrene sheets and rods.

MrNatural said:
all i can say is wow! please for the love of all things post up some tutorials about how you make these. I want to make action figures so bad.

Thanks. If you check my YouTube channel (in my signature) I do have a few small tutorials up, like a basic painting tutorial. I'm trying to find some time to do more, but there are so many things to do I don't know where to start, lol. If there's anything in particular you want to see, let me know and I'll try and get a tutorial done for it.

Thanks again!

Wow, what a fantastic display! You've got some real imagination and scratchbuilding talent, StarWarsGeek!

Are your figures all in the same scale/size as the Kenner Star Wars figures, or are some of them larger, like classic GI Joe size (eg 12 inches)?

Really well done!

Regards,
Brad

Thanks!

These are all (with the exception of the Clone Wars ARC statue maquette) 3.75" scale action figures. I have a ton of new stuff to show as well... just a few, more pics of these and some other new works available at my website - http://www.starwarsgeek.net

001.jpg

008.jpg

008.jpg

006.jpg

001.jpg

005.jpg

002.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

005.jpg

new01.jpg

006.jpg