Star Wars The Old Republic

fubar

Hi all

I just got this game today and was wondering if there are any other players here on SMA?

It would be kinda cool to play with fellow SMA'ers if poss, maybe even make our own guild ;D, i'm playing on a European PvE server (Sluis shipyards i think it's called!) atm but my toon is only low level so starting again on another server wouldn't be to much of a problem tbh.

Hope to see some of you online maybe!

Have a good weekend, whats left of it. 8)

TTFN Matt

its a little bit on teh pricy side for an mmo at teh moment. you may have noticed there is a few of us playing star trek online wich is now free to play.

Hi, bud!
I'm currently a level 30 Bounty Hunter, playing on a European PvP server Chuundra :)

Been playing since early access 12/15/2011, myself. In fact, it's the main reason I haven't been on here like I was before December
Anywhere from 3-5 hours a day, more on weekends.
Been working at playing through all of the class stories a bit at a time, so my 8 characters range from 15th to 22nd levels. All of them are on the West Coast RP server Bergeren Colony

Have to say i'm really enjoying the Sith Bounty Hunter, i may try a force based toon but i do love shooting things so. ;D

Can a euro player join a US server? If so what side are you playing m8?

I'm such a looser......I'm a low level Jedi and have no idea what server I'm at! :'(

It's kind of hard to get away from star trek though.

But come this weekend, all gaming stops!
I have to get back to the bench and build something.
I just have to. Gotta get ready for the Spring thing.
;D

Yeah I played STO when it first came out, I enjoyed the space combat but didn't much enjoy the foot based stuff.

Well I've got my bounty hunter to lvl 10, now do I go pure tank or a dps/healer mix? I love tanking but can't resist the idea of twin blasters. :p

If anyone wants to team up just give me a shout and I'll start up a toon on thier server!

spud said:
i really want this game but the price is crazy

It's not that expensive. It's about the same as any other MMO.
The Collectors Edition was expensive ($150.00). I got me that for Christmas.

I might consider trying it out. I'm not a fan of online gaming. I only like STO because it doesn't even feel like an online game!!! ;D

Is there solo play in this game, or does everything need to be done as a team?

Well there is solo quests and story arcs, there are also group quests, dailies, warfronts and dungeons too.

Its great fun if you love Star Wars or sci-fi, if you do get it m8 give me a shout and we can do a few Q's together.

Black Sheep 1 said:
spud said:
i really want this game but the price is crazy

It's not that expensive. It's about the same as any other MMO.
The Collectors Edition was expensive ($150.00). I got me that for Christmas.

50 euro is kinda steep, eve was 19 sto was 25 and i dont play or never ever will play wow. so i think its steep. but i will get it when i want somthing new :)

Yeah, the £45 price tag does turn me off a little. Especially when I'm having fun with other things in my life. We'll see....

@fubar, will do mate! :)

PLayed it and just nearly done with it. Very little end game content and they made pvp too easy and within 1 week of hitting 50 I have full epic gear. The real strength of the game is each class has their own story arch. Instead of maxing out your character and then going raiding like WoW it is better to treat it as a single player game; finish your story arch and then replay it with another toon. I would suggest waiting 6 months before buying it when there will be more content and less bugs, but I doubt it will still be around in 6 months.

That sounds like the most common complaint about Star Trek Online. End game content is severly lacking for STO.

How fast do you level in TOR? Is it too fast? What's the opinions/consesus, if there is one?

STO used to level very slowly. I liked that about it. Now, however, it's way too quick.

I think within 6 months, they'll have released more content. I can't believe they won't be around in 6 months time. They have set a pretty high standard for themselves with voice overs for all the dialogue (something that's sure to slow down production), but they must have a plan.

I have seen the game for £35, one of the guys at work has just bought it for that price online as well.

You dont lvl that fast really, i been playing for a week now and i'm only just reaching lvl 13, my friend works in the computer games industry as a level designer and he was telling me that word on the grapevine is Bio will be releasing a few expansions in the near future.....look at LOTRO and WAR, fantastic games but they waited far too long for extra content and players wandered off to other stuff leaving the servers dead. ::)

Another big thing to ask yourself before investing is this:
Why do I play these games?
Me, I prefer TOR because of the storyline more than anything else.
To me, TOR is more of a single player RPG with multiplayer content than other MMOs.

My character isn't just (insert name) and go do this string of quests.
There are consequences to my actions.
I can take different tracks to get what needs to be done handled.
There is a reason I'm travelling the galaxy and doing these things.

These are why I left WoW and others for TOR.

If what you seek is the "Let's power level and kill everybody," then The Old Republic is not your game.

Me, I have one toon for each of the major classes, and I'm running each through a given section.
Once I finish a section with, say, a Republic toon, I'll go play through the next section for an Empire toon.
This is why my characters are all so close in level despite the many hours I've played.
I want to enjoy the stories, not plow through to the end.

yea i play mmos to have fun, if you want a game were you have absolute no hope of powering trough to the end then you want eveonline. to train all the skills in eve at to moment its like a real lifetime of training, some skills will take upto 2 months to train, im rambeling now... but you get the idea.

I just started a Sith Inq and i have to say it's proving a lot of fun......lighting bolts ftw. :p

I really enjoyed just about every aspect of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and KOTR 2, ESPECIALLY the story line, so I've been strongly considering getting this (and a couple of my friends have been too). I have to upgrade my video card to do it, but I'm told that's not too hard of a job to do on your own.

Latest posts

Back