Star Trek Generations

Bearing in mind that those trees won't be very big at 1/1400 scale, you may not need to do a lot to scratch them up
I mean, a 60' tree would only be about 1/2" tall at that scale

Yes, they probably won't be very big. so much going on this week and weekend, i don't know if i'll get to it but will try.

I got some time tonight and made up some trees and laid the plaster cloth down. So far, so good.
Here's pics

[attachment deleted by admin]

This probably sounds kind of stupid, but should i use real dirt for the ground cover? I'm wondering about scale and whether or not the real dirt will look to big next to the Enterprise. Also, how do i attach it to the board? You can't glue it can you?

Sift your real dirt to get the smallest particles you possible can. Coffee grounds could work for turned up dirt.

If it were me I'd try a small test.

Mix PVA White glue with water and spray it before and after the dirt, that will hold it down.

WoW !! Cool Dio .... But th Cliff Hanger ... What happened when they got out ? Data saying Sh$T was hilarious !!! Was that from a Movie .. I can't imagine that was on T.V. ?

Great Concept !! Ooooo This is gonna look Good !!! I just snuck over from th Armor Forum to check this out !!

ERIK

I don't want to give the ending away ;) As you can tell i'm not finished with the dirt/ground cover. Man this stuff is messy! The darker streak is soil turned up, maybe too much? This is all new to me so any suggestions are welcome. I got anxious and put some foliage on it just to see what it might look like.

A couple of shots of the foliage glued on and the bolt to connect the Saucer to the base. I'll get another shot after the glue has dried.

I attached the Enterprise to the base. i'll start later on the trim work and some final details. I'm surprised at how fast this is going. This contest is good motivation.

Looking really good, but I'm thinking there should be some scorching along the saucer as well as the dirt smears.
But, after re-watching the video of the actual crash, those scorches would just be along the edges of the saucer

Wow - this is looking really cool - really cool. I think the scale of the forest canopy really works. My eye is being pulled to those light beige 'tree trunks'. I think they are too bright for the scale...

I would also give the edge of the....(trying to find the right term)...mud slide some thought. If you think of the wake of water behind a boat, the displaced earth will roll off to the edge leaving turned up sod, gravel etc....Just another detail to consider.

Really like this man, I know it's a first for you and you are rocking this base!

I dropped those tree trunks in there just to see what the effect would be. I replaces them with darker trunks and it looks better. didn't get time to shoot a picture. I've got scorching on the saucer, you're saying it should be more pronounced?

Maybe just a little. That, or some bigger pictures to show it better.
Agree about the trunks and soil things Scott mentioned.

This is looking really good

Excellent work. I'd like to see more torn up earth behind the saucer. Gotta figure all those tree and rocks being ripped out of the ground would leave a mess behind.

Also for some reason I have a huge desire to buy a Roomba right now. I don't know why!

Latest posts

Back