Star Trek 1/1000 Enterprise - E Paper model

Papermodder

Modeller in both Plastic and Paper Card
Good evening.
For this years BSC I've decided to challenge myself with the build of the 1/1000 Enterprise-E papermodel by Zosho and updated by Legal01 and Bgt01.

Start%201_zpsfmmrnrp6.jpg

Start%202_zps72cyjecu.jpg

36 pages of papermodel goodness.
I guess I can't put down a challenge, another model with no build instructions. Will just have to work with ref. material. We'll see how far I get with this one. ::)
No I will not be lighting this one. I'll be happy just to get it built.

Welcome along for the ride.
Questions and comments welcome as usual.

Jim

Thanks Scott.
It will be interesting that's for sure.
Starting the superstructure today, that will give use more of an idea.

Jim

Thank you Klaus.
Not very often can I ever build anything simple. Always have to stretch myself.

Jim

Good day.
Today started early with mounting all the frame pieces on thicker card.
For the 5mm card I used 3/16 foamboard. For the 1, 2 and 3mm, used heavy card.
Did get the 2, 3 & 5mm pieces all cutout today. I wanted to get that thick card cut and out of the way first.

Frame%201_zpswd0nycvi.jpg

Frame%202_zpsbdm1tva2.jpg

The 1mm card is not as tedious to cut out. Will start those tomorrow.

Thank you for following.
Questions and comments welcome.

Jim

Looking forward to seeing this come together, Jim.
NOT looking forward to competing against it :p

Thank you Patrick.
There are a lot of question marks with this kit, and I know the designers are waiting for a definitive full build report.
We shall see if I can put this puzzle together.

Jim

Good evening.
Yesterday was very productive.
Succeeded in cutting out the rest of the framework for this ship. As well cut out the lower skin for the bottom of the saucer, and glued it into place.
When dry, began assembling the framework onto the top of the saucer. So far no complications.

Frame%203_zpszk5ecs71.jpg

Frame%204_zps7axytefv.jpg

Frame%205_zpswn7ibhqf.jpg

Frame%206_zpsglzp0zgt.jpg

This part was set aside to dry.
Started work on assembling the engineering section. Again so far no complications. It assembled easily and was square.

Frame%207_zpsiblvxjzf.jpg

Frame%208_zpsat6gqzhg.jpg

Frame%209_zpstpnad1zn.jpg

Today have not gotten a lot done, as was out most of the day, but tonight did start on cutting out and assembling a skin for bottom detail.

Scaucer%20Btm%201_zpsltzvjxag.jpg

Hopefully will get more done tomorrow. This has so far been going together faster than I expected.

Thank you for following.

Jim

Thank you John.
As is normal with these undocumented builds, once you get started things just start to fall into place.

Jim

Thank you Patrick.
On some of these kits the layered parts don't always line up properly. These so far have been perfect.

Jim

Really amazing!
I can't even think of all the fine cuts you have to do here. And everything looks so clean and straight and ...perfect :)
Just capital!

Thank you Klaus.
I have to thank the designers for putting out what's so far, a well engineered kit.

Jim

Good evening.
I've been working on the raised pieces for the bottom of the saucer. Cutting and assembling their skins and applying them.
So far all the skins have been aligning up nicely.

Scaucer%20Btm%201_zpsltzvjxag.jpg

Saucer%20Btm%202_zpsuvquunax.jpg

Saucer%20Btm%203_zpsee84p6jx.jpg

Saucer%20Btm%204_zpsnjpcewml.jpg

Saucer%20Btm%205_zpsemvufzmj.jpg

On this 3rd piece, again no problems with the skin. This piece even got the side skins installed.
Since this piece has other details to add, I felt that now was a good time to install them. Most of them are the escape pods. The way these pods are arranged on the sheet is important. I found out from enlarging the template, that each pod has it's pod number on it. So it's important to install these inorder and in the right position. As they were cut out, each had to be labeled on the back so I could keep track of them.

Saucer%20Btm%206_zpsufmvvvd5.jpg

Saucer%20Btm%207_zpsi1sziesq.jpg

Saucer%20Btm%208_zpstsxucx15.jpg

I decided to place all the raised pieces inplace on the bottom of the saucer, just to show how it will look.
These are not glued down yet. Still have some side skins to apply.

Saucer%20Btm%209_zpsx8qivht0.jpg

Thank you for following.

Jim

Latest posts

Back